rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

The Accounting Career Data Sheet

It's been almost a year since I've been here, figured I would check in. I've followed a partner from one big 4 company to another big 4 company. Not going to lie, the thinkers and organizational skills the new firm possess in my department are pretty dismal. Some projects have been run into the ground and office managing partners are struggling to figure out what's wrong. Despite this, I could possibly be up for manager one year early (4 years instead of 5 due to being an experienced hire.) Trying so hard to not fuck up the politics even though the partner on my side wants to blow everyone up and teach them a lesson.

I'm going to be doing a rotation at our offshore center for 6 weeks, some during busy season - hoping that getting out of the office helps my prospects. Opportunity to travel opens up as you get more experienced.

We're fucked if anyone quits between now and the beginning of season, but I feel this is a normal situation for Big Firms.

I networked into positions on my state CPA society's board of advisors, and won a very prestigious award voted on at the state level. My current plan is to make manager and get the hell out as soon as humanly possible, hopefully to start my own gig or into accounting tax software sales.

Messages In This Thread