rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wall street playboy analysis of whether to get married

Wall street playboy analysis of whether to get married

I remain an idealist at heart.

Lately I've begun to warm to the idea that we are deluding ourselves when we overanalyze the question of whether a man should get married.

In the end, no amount of rational flow-chart, pie chart, spreadsheet, powerpoint, or other such intellectual masturbation can override the biological imperatives of the species.

What is one man's mind, when set up against the 100,000 year old mind of the race? How lame! How obscene! How blasphemous! It is a blasphemy against life itself.

Viewed in this light, our puny quantitative analysis of marriage and procreation seems so inadequate, such a negation of life.

Those who have felt the transformative, curing power of love, that inexpressible ache to merge one's self with the self of the Other, will know deep in their bones that rational analysis of affairs of the heart always come up short.

The heart has its own reasons, which the mind cannot know, as Pascal says.

Flight from the responsibilities of life is a negation of life itself. Even if we had our hopes dashed, our ship of dreams wrecked on the jagged rocks of Fortune lining lonely shores, I say love is the ultimate Creative force. No man should ever regret that which comes from sincere and honest love, even if it be a failed marriage.

And is there any price that is too high to pay for true love? Those who have tasted it know the answer.

Retreat not, O young man, from the snorting and hissing dragons of this world! Plunge headlong into the caverns of your heart, though it be lit only by your own flickering candle!

Messages In This Thread