rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Calgary Stampede 2014

Calgary Stampede 2014

It was "Bust Loose" scotian.

Day 4

Without question my worst day for far. It began with me making the mistake of heading to Nashville North in the afternoon, and the place never really became populated until the evening or so. I chatted with this group of people for a while including one of the coolest guys I've ever met (had to be older than 60). It actually worked for a little as he pulled these two somewhat attractive 20-something's to the table. One of them offers to teach me how to "two-step" (a dance done just about everywhere) and I pick it up on a basic level pretty quickly. Unfortunately, this is the first of a few instances where I'm just not aggressive enough in escalating and she goes away. My past levels of gutlessness reared its ugly head the rest of that evening and I was pretty damn hesitant to approach anything. Thankfully that didn't last the next two days.

Day 5

I begin this day by heading up to the Stephen Ave. walk for lunch. The area is definitely the most congested place I've seen other than the bars and tents. Almost everybody is on some outdoor patio drinking, eating, or just examining the sights. Eventually, I head out of there and go to watch the soccer game, which turned out to be Brazil not showing up. And once that's over with, I prep for my "redemption" night at Nashville North. This time, I don't get there until around 7 and head right onto the dance floor. Unlike the previous night, I've got no fear or feelings of rejection, and I'd say I danced with about 10-15 different females. For whatever reason I never thought about escalating with any of them, and it's quite the nuisance as just about every girl is part of a group. I start to think a wingman is somewhat of a necessity during these things, even if most people are on some significant level of drunkenness. Overall a pretty fun night.

Day 6

I spend the day meeting up with an old friend of mine and then watching the Argentina/Netherlands game. My plan for this day is to take a trip to Ranchman's, which is annoying to get to from Uptown, but well worth the trip as it turned out. I get inside about 10 or so and even though the place isn't quite packed yet, there's certainly enough to a vibe to at least have some fun. I would say I actually talked with about 3 or 4 sets of girls while in there, but that doesn't include anyone I approached on the dance floor. And quite frankly, only one of the girls in any of those groups danced with me.

The two most notable girls I danced with basically knocked into my head that I haven't been escalating enough at this point. The first one was in a group of girls, but I managed to pull her away from her friends for a few songs. We share a few tongue kisses before she goes away to rejoin her friends. This one wasn't as bad as the next opportunity I had, where I was actually approached by this taller girl in her late-20's who had been living in Calgary for a while. She wanted me to teach her how to "two-step" and she was clearly somewhat drunk and seemingly not with anyone else. For some bonehead reason, I never do escalate with her and she kisses me herself...and then leaves. The first one was probably a 6 but the second one close to an 8 I'd say.

Three more days left in Calgary and nothing to really show for it, but I think I'm getting there. I'm leaving out some little logistical things that come into play but I'll put that at the end of the next report.

Messages In This Thread