rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Calgary Stampede 2014

Calgary Stampede 2014

Nice report, was that a "Bust Loose" bus pub crawl you went on? I haven't been on one but apparently they're pretty fun to hit up. I haven't partied much in Calgary in awhile so I'm not up on the hot spots as far as the clubs go but I highly recommend checking out "Nashville North" which is a huge beer tent on the Stampede grounds that gets really packed, so you have to get there early, the earlier the better and I've heard of people lining up there at 10am to get in, bring a small bottle of booze for the line.

There's usually also beer tents set up around down town, I'm not sure exactly where but its usually among the skyscrapers, ask around and if you can find one, definitely hit one of those up. Also, if you haven't already got one, I would suggest getting a cowboy hat to fit in with the crowds, maybe even a big belt buckle, you can find those at Lammle's Western Wear, there's one over at Chinook Mall. Actually you should hit up that mall anyway, its on the C-Train line (39 street I think) and there'll be some decent day game opportunities there. Another part of town that I always liked to hit up for breakfast or lunch is Kensington which is just across the river from downtown, its also accessible by the C-Train (Sunnyside station), lots of restaurants, pubs and boutique shops there too, a decent day game location.

Other than that, sounds like you're doing well and hitting up some decent clubs like Ranchmans, Cowboys, etc. I would avoid the hipster places like Ship and Anchor and as far as I can remember, Morgans has always been a heavy metal bar. There's a few decent bars along Stephen ave to check out in the afternoons, but overall, I think the Stampede grounds themselves would be the best places to be in the afternoons. Just keep approaching and talking to people, most Canadians are generally pretty friendly, especially to foreigners during the Stampede so just keep striking up random conversations, also its good to be as high energy as possible, maybe drink some red bulls throughout the night or buy some blow haha to keep the party going. I don't usually dole out much game advice on here but I'd say that since its Stampede, I would escalate quicker and not just go for the number because people's plans change and a lot of them have commitments with friends, I would go for the instadate during the day and try to get them back in your "air conditioned" hotel to relax, or at night, isolate the girl from her friends and go for the make out and keep escalating until she's back at your hotel riding you cow girl!

Good luck and have fun!

Messages In This Thread