rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Philippines Trip Report - Quezon City/Makati Burgos/Makati Greenbelt/The Fort/Cebu

Philippines Trip Report - Quezon City/Makati Burgos/Makati Greenbelt/The Fort/Cebu

Quote: (02-18-2014 05:56 PM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

This girl I'm talking to on couchsurfing suggested that I stay in Malate to immerse myself into the more cultural area. The first thing I read about it on here is that it is probably the worse area of Manila to stay. Is it really that bad?

From what I've heard, Tondo is the worst area of Manila. I took a taxi through there and I saw nothing but squatter areas the whole time. As for Malate, It's probably not terrible if you stay very close to the coast of Manila bay. I had breakfast at a pancake house in that area and it wasn't too bad. Keep in mind, it's next to the US Embassy and the Philippines Navy HQ.

Honestly though, if you're looking for a more cultural area, get out of Manila and the traffic and go see some of the nicer areas. There's Palawan, Boracay, Bohol, Panglao, Rice terraces, Baguio, you get the idea.

Messages In This Thread