rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

Depends on the topic. If it's controversial, then anonymity is the way to go.

One of the reasons I use my real name (my blogs are not controversial) is because the blogs I'm working on currently have been started with a very long term view in mind. If it goes the way I have planned it to be, then the ultimate aim will be to start one with my name with the hope that I will be a tad more popular by then. I would really love the independence of a self named blog which gets massive traffic. It's like you can blog about your lifestyle, your philosophy, or just about anything. But it'll take work to get there.

The second benefit of using my name is because I'm planning on launching two books by next year. I just feel it'll be more of a success amongst my readers if they already know who I am.

Another point is that when you use e-mail marketing (which you will have to at some point), you'll anyway have to give out your address. You can use a PO box no. too but ultimately the point is that it's tough to remain absolutely anonymous.

And I think unless really necessary, one should avoid anonymity, as it can be a perpetual pain in the ass to deal with. It also may prevent you from fully expressing yourself which may come across as being unauthentic to your readers.

Messages In This Thread