rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

There's a certain feeling of freedom that comes with voicing your opinions and using your real name. And if you like attention, you'll be the one to get it (not the alias).

But there's also a lot of bullshit that can happen if you write anything remotely controversial. Strangers will come after you with frothing mouths. There are so many people out in internet land who really truly don't have anything better to do. Who would rather stalk you and try to ruin your name because they disagree with you or don't like your face or for no reason at all. And they've never so much as met you.

You have to be careful because even if you think being forthright and out in the open is a virtue, to your detractors and enemies it's a weakness that they can exploit to besmirch you, hurt your business, etc.

I guess it's nice to be able to say "I have nothing to hide". But at the end of the day, it's just a quaint and vain pat on the back you give yourself. "I'm so honest, blah blah blah." It's better to remain anonymous when it benefits you and let it all hang out when it benefits you. It really all depends on the situation.

Messages In This Thread