rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

To the Bloggers - What are your thoughts on Anonymity?

Quote: (12-25-2015 05:07 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2015 08:38 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Did anyone answer SamSamSam's question?

Anonymous hosting? Anonymous buying and selling of e books

WIA

bump

Quote: (04-26-2014 12:18 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Question guys. Is there a way to register a domain that is totally anonymous? I know that you can register for privacy, etc. But I imagine with sufficient desire/resources that can still be hacked by folks like anonymous. Maybe fake name and gift card payments? Just curious what your thoughts are.

Also, I don't know a lot about ip addresses but you would need to use a VPN, right?

I'd like to maybe operate an anonymous blog - mainly grabbing article off the internet that fit the blog, but have zero interest of being detected.

Thanks!

As someone who works IT for a company that works closely with the government, there will never be total anonymity. Just food for thought.

Best bet would be a fake name - most domain registrars don't give a damn about your name, simply that the name on your credit card billing statement matches your given name and address.

I'd say a fake name with a fake PayPal email would mostly suffice. Of course you'd still have to fund it in one way or another that would eventually have to be your real name. But I'd be more inclined to trust PayPal's security more than a domain registrar's.

I put my face out on my blog recently and I just decided that I was tired of thinking about trying to cover my tracks. I don't give a damn about family/friends opinions and I'm leaving the full-time career path behind in March - I just decided I didn't care. I figure if it ever gets to the point where somebody wants to truly cause damage to my life, I'll be big enough and have the money to fight back.

And my blog definitely does not fall under the 'clean cut' topic category [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread