rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1 Year Drinking Wagon Challenge for 2014
Year Drinking Wagon Challenge for 2014
But just to be clear, I'll reiterate this: "if alcohol causes problems in your life, or you lack discipline and think quitting for an entire year will help you develop discipline, I got no beef with you."

All who sign on to go along with Lizard of Oz's challenge here, I say, more power to you. Good luck, I hope you achieve what you set out to achieve.

I just think BB makes a great point. Is the problems you have because of alcohol the demon sauce...or is the problem YOU and how you view it's use or abuse?

I'll wholeheartedly agree with the following:
Quote:Quote:

First, it is good to accept a challenge like this and to show yourself you can do it, no excuses, no bullshit, no exceptions. It's good for a man to stake his pride on something and then get it done.

Second, there are very good physiological reasons for this. People who have been hard drinkers are sensitized to alcohol and any taste of the drug triggers certain cascades in your brain. While this doesn't mean that any taste compels you to go on a binge, it is important to go for a long period without those cascades ever occurring to really reset some of the pathways and change your relation to it.

To those that accept the challenge, good luck, I wish you success.

As for me, I'm gonna go have a brew.

[Image: banana.gif]

Messages In This Thread