rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who here uses Evernote?

Who here uses Evernote?

Quote: (12-29-2015 09:17 PM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

Here is an excellent article on a way to organize Evernote for creative work:
https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/12/1...workflows/

The suggestion is to build layers into notes: let's say you read a book on Kindle and highlight all the interesting sections. Then you use something like clippings.io to transfer your highlights into an Evernote note. Then you go through it and bold the most relevant highlights. Then later you go through it again and use Evernote's yellow highlighter to mark "the best" of the bolded sections. Now you have 3 layers, the last of which will be quickest to scan in the future, to decide if you need to dig deeper into the note. A fourth layer could be if you add some personal notations or links of your own.

Thanks for that. It's a fantastic article. I like the way it shows how creativity can be achieved through using a system. That system being one that allows the efficient curation and synthesis of disparate sources into a new 'original' work.

It's something that I've been working on myself. The article was very helpful.

Messages In This Thread