rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Beach

South Beach

Quote: (11-17-2013 03:33 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (11-11-2013 10:15 PM)warder Wrote:  

Good timing on this thread. Appreciate all the knowledge everyone is dropping.

I'm headed to Miami for 5 nights next weekend. Thursday-Tuesday. Got a pretty sweet 1 bdrm through AirBnB on 17th and Collins, with a balcony that looks over the beach. Staying there Thur-Sun, then crashing at a buddies house Sunday and Monday.

My nights will probably be a mix of going out solo and meeting up with friends. I don't have a crazy bank roll, but can spend a few hundred in a night if it looks like it will be worth it. My game is solid. I crush 7's in NYC with relative ease (and sometimes's 8's & 9's), and have traveled and gamed solo with good results in Playa Del Carmen, Rio, and Bangkok.

If I get any good stories or info to share, will definitely post it up here.

This should be fun.

How did it go?

Definitely a lot of fun. A lot of my trip was seeing old friends, so wasn't able to dedicate the whole trip to gaming, but will share what spots I thought were good.

1st issue was the weather kind of sucked all weekend. Cloudy and rainy, so day game and the beach were pretty much a no go. I was solo my first night on Thursday, and found the Beach to be pretty dead. Not sure if every Thursday is like that, but the coldish/windy weather certainly didn't help either. The streets were literally dead. Almost no one walking down Washington, Collins, or Ocean Dr. I bounced around from The Delano, to Playwright Lounge, Abbey Brewing Co, and finally to the Clevelander/Mango's duo which were pretty much the only places that had any people. But the crowds kind of sucked and by then it was almost 2am and I just wasn't feeling it anymore so went home.

Friday I hit up the Heat game, which was great. Then went to a new area for me called Wynwood, which I loved. I live in NYC, and it kind of felt like Williamsburg/Brooklyn in Miami. Really artsy and Wood Tavern had lots of good looking girls. Not South Beach quality, but definitely a fun and friendly crowd, and very much my type of scene. Also hit up Electric Pickle which was a kind of fun divey house music spot that also had some good looking ladies. The whole area is just a lot more laid back than South Beach which was a nice change up. After a few hours in that area, my buddy and I headed to South Beach looking for a party. He wasn't staying out late, so we mainly focused on the bars.

Ted's Hideaway: No girls unfortunately and kinda dead.
Playwright Lounge: Also dead.
Foxhole Lounge: A bit more of a party here with a pretty good crowd. Chatted up some Australian girls, and after being a bit standoffish, were all over us in short order. Unfortunately I guess I got a bit too aggressive with this one girl and she grabbed her friend to leave. I think she was just wasted and overreacted, but whatever. Was 3am by this point and kinda dead so headed home.

Saturday was just hanging out with some married friends, so wasn't really gaming. Watched UFC at Playwright then headed to Automatic Slims across the street which was ok. We made a quick stop by the Clevelander, which was bumping pretty nicely with lots of good looking laides, but my married friends wanted to do what married friends do at that point so we hit up Club Madonna. Hot girls, but didn't really like the attitudes of any of them.

Sunday was just a marathon drinking and watching football session. Duffy's and Sandbar in the Grove are great for that if you're in the that area. Sandbar had hot waitresses to.

So yeah, didn't really get much action on the trip, but had a fun time hanging with friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I think if the weather had been a little better, Thursday and Friday night would have been a bit more successful. No worries though.

Next time I go I definitely plan on hitting up the club action a bit more. Mansion def had a lot of hotties outside on Saturday night.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Messages In This Thread