rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dubai - Destroying the Myths

Dubai - Destroying the Myths

So.. I recently left my job, left my family, left my friends, left my car and more importantly my dog behind and left to Dubai in search of god knows what. (its not about the destination, its the path to get there)

I must say it was an easy decision and one I shall never regret. But to the point; when I made the decision and then starting looking out at the prospect of moving to the middle of the desert where only cynical people live, I had to hear and deal with a lot of criticism. If it wasn't about how I was pursuing money over true happiness, it was about how the weather was unbearable. If it wasn't about how they only had camels around it was about how people only cared about fancy cars and big buildings. If it wasn't about how women were all covered up it had to be that they were unbangable and the ratios didn't help either.

Funny enough, most times these comments come from those who have never experienced, never been or never seen. They pick up the pieces from TV, their internet addicted jack-off neighbor and the hearsay conversations on the bus that takes them to the paper pushing dream job and "cultivate" their opinions. the ones who know, usually keep quite and let you experience it yourself.

I've been here for a month and still have a lot to explore, but I thought I'd just share my early findings and myth destroying discoveries:

1. The Weather is unbearable.
Yes. The weather is quite unbearable. It's November, back at home, and home is a warm place, this is the time of year when the bones would start to clank and my boots where never dry enough. Here? I go to the beach every weekend.
Sure, June, August and September will be more unbearable. Actually I still caught a bit of Summer once I got here, but as unbearable as it gets, people survive. They shut themselves up in their air conditioned homes, gyms, restaurants and cars and they always barely make it to live another year.

2.You will only meet the cynical in Dubai
Yes. You are dipped in a cynical cultural pot where in one day you will meet a number of people from a number of different countries that you'd never be able to contact in a full year back home. It takes you from the 18 year old emirate Ahmad driving his brand new corvette while never even worrying about ever having to work, to Jason, the philipino who serves you coffee every morning and shares the 1 room flat with 3 others in the hope of sending some money home to his recently earthquake shaken family.
Point is, on a cultural level, this is final level. If you can manage here, you can manage anywhere. Dubai is full of cynical, honest and humble people, and all of them are around every corner. It's a great way to put yourself in perspective and understand where you stand.

3. Game can't save you in Dubai
Yes. Game can't save you in Dubai, if you're a woman. Truth is Dubai is a playground for the player.

3.1. But the ratios are against you!
Yes. The ratios are against me. But if you consider a 70/30 ratio, and take into account that of those 70%, about 70% are either muslim (no game), arabs (no game), philipinos (no game), indians (sorry, no game), the ratios get much better.
There is also the whiplash effect. Women are sometimes so fed up with these poor players that they will actually make it easy for you.

3.2. But you cant drink or socialize
Yes. You cant kiss or fuck on the street. In the clubs its another story and welcome to Las Vegas. Another whiplash effect - since there is less contact on the street/bar scene, its like the females are more needy for affection and hot dog delivery ASAP.

3.3. People that go there are workaholics, no fun
Yes. The vibe in Dubai is work.... during the day. The night comes, and then the weekend, and then the people... well the people just want to have fun. No strings attached everyone just wants to have fun. More - 80% of people in Dubai are from 20 to 50 years old. There are no old people in Dubai and there are no children. (obvious exaggeration meant) So most people are at their sexual and freedom peak years and intercourse is expected/desired.

3.4. You shouldn't approach women in Dubai
Yes. You shouldn't, you must! Approaching is easy, the logistics are good and the playground is huge. Women walk alone, in pairs and in packs. All colors, all ages, all heels - it's good.

4. It's too expensive
Yes. Dubai is expensive but also usually pays off. With about 20k AED /month you can have a pretty good life in Dubai. I don't spend much during the week. Groceries are not expensive and I stay at home, gym and eat clean.
On the weekend you can spend a lot. Alcoholic drinks are expensive so having a bottle at home is the way to go. Good restaurants are expensive but not more expensive than a good one in New York.

6. It's boring
Yes...No.There is nothing boring about Dubai. There are events every weekend (concerts, plays, sports events, expos etc). Every night is a night out in Dubai if you want. Lounges are always open and people always go out, there is no need to wait for the weekend.

Facts

First month, 3 new flags some bangs here and there and a lot of work and all this in the midst of settling down and setting camp. I haven't made a big effort to the point that I am starting to feel out of game shape and still, I have been able to pull.

Still a lot to explore and look around, but so far so good. Truth is banging is easy in Dubai and you don't even need to be a big player. I've had dates, picked up-to bang on the line for the taxi after a night out and everything in between. There are plenty of single and attractive women around and, as per my personal taste, they all feel its mandatory to dress up. The occasional hipster is seen but you can see there is a lot of competition from the girls to get a "good" catch.

So I guess this is the part when I invite you to come over to Dubai. No, Please Don't. Send your sister instead.

Messages In This Thread