rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

I’m surprised that no one has yet done a write up of Columbus. I’ve been here for over 4 years now and feel that I have a solid grasp on the city, so I want to write what I’ve learned so far.

The City

Columbus is the 15th largest city in the nation, the capital of and largest city in Ohio, and home to a metro population of almost 1.9 million.

Columbus, affectionately known as C-Bus, isn’t known for too much besides The Ohio State University. While Columbus is a pleasant city, there isn’t too much here that would bring in tourists. While Columbus doesn’t have too much in the way of sightseeing, there are a ton of great bars and restaurants, shopping centers and parks. But again, I can't really see a particular reason to come out here. It may be nice for a weekend trip, or maybe you have a business trip that brings you out here. Also, if you’re a football fan it’s pretty hoppin on game days. The best time to come in my opinion is either the Fall or Spring. In the winter it’s too cold, and in the summer school is out so there is less going on in the city.

Like I said before, there are a ton of great bars and restaurants, shopping centers and parks and more which provide for great opportunities for both day game and picking up at night. Let’s get into it!

Nightlife

I will discuss three different major nightlife areas of Columbus, all pretty close to one another near the University and downtown. They are: Campus area, the Short North, and Arena District.

Campus Area: Columbus is home to THE Ohio State University (Go Bucks!) where nearly 60,000 students attend making it one of, if not the largest university in the nation. When there are that many college students around there are bound to be some drinking establishments. Most of the bars (and the only one’s worth going to imo) on campus are on High Street, on the other side of the street from campus. This street runs along the East end of campus; it also runs all the way North to the suburbs, and South through the whole downtown and beyond. If you’re looking to party on campus, there are at least a dozen bars adjacent to campus. You can choose to do a lot of bar hopping, but I recommend sticking to the southern half of this strip (i.e. 10th to 15th ave).

Let’s start with the Gateway Complex: This is a compact little courtyard looking area with a few bars, restaurants, and a movie theatre. It was once home to three good bars, but now only one: Ugly Tuna. Essentially this area is going to become office buildings or some shit, so the bars here are unfortunately moving. Anyway Ugly Tuna: This bar is meant for drinking. Cheap prices and is always packed, forcing you to make close contact with people. Drunk people crammed together. Cha Ching! Pickup central.

Walk a few blocks North and you’ll find Big Bar: They’re always changing promoters, so it has its ups and downs (At the time of this posting it is once again solid). It has a big lower level with the main bar and dance floor, a VIP level upstairs (some nights) and a roof top patio. This is a great spot, probably the best spot on campus for Game, as it’s where the hotties love to go. It is also probably the only place where all girls wear heels and dresses consistently.

Go next door and you’ll find Midway, a bar that has blown up in terms of popularity recently. The talent is always solid and it is always a good time on the weekends. Midway is almost a combination of sorts of the two aforementioned bars. It has a dance floor upstairs which is always packed by the time I get there I don’t even bother trying to squeeze my way in, a big patio that is also always crammed and a bar inside.
There are a ton more bars on this street like I said, so just walk around and find one that catches your eye. There are tons of people always walking up and down the street at night, so just stop a group and say, “Hey, what bar is good tonight?”

Short North

This area is known for being friendly to gays, home to art galleries, and yuppy twenty somethings. I’m really not going to discuss this area as I rarely go there and it is also not game friendly. What I mean by that is that the women there are not very attractive and one’s odds of getting a SNL are the lowest. I went there two weekends ago and my opinion was solidified. The bars, which are plentiful and outnumber campus bars, are classier than campus and are nice for a relaxing evening, but again I can’t recommend it for Game purposes.

If you elect to go, two bars which I've been to and have a solid crowd are Pint House and Bernard's. Those are your best bet imo.

Park St. (aka Arena District)

The street in Columbus that is rockin every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. The party gets going around 11:30 and is good till 2 when the bars close. There are tons of bars on this small street.

First let’s start off with Park Street Complex: This complex connects 4 massive bars to one another. They’re somewhat different from one another, some more club like, others just chill drinking atmosphere’s. What I like to do is just walk around the place opening girls. You absolutely cannot go wrong here!!! It is packed with the best looking girls in the city and is the place to be on the weekend. Thursday is 18+, packed with college students, and the weekend is more geared towards those in their 20’s and 30’s. You must check this out (I prefer to go on Thursday’s).
Next door you have two similar bars (to one another, not Park St. Complex). Brothers and Gaswerks. Very chill drinking crowd, pretty crowded and filled with people ages 24-30 on the weekends. Brothers on Thursdays is now 19+, which has made its popularity soar, and not just on Thursdays. In this area you also have Cantina too (never been, but heard on Wednesday’s it is frequented by high schoolers, and sluts on the other nights), and a few other classy establishments.

While C-Bus is a big city, these are the only three areas I am familiar with and that I would reccomend. No point in going to some bar out in the suburbs. The hot girls are all either downtown or on campus.

Day Game

OSU Campus

A massive campus! There is the oval, essentially a quad centered in campus. When warm weather comes around this place is PACKED with girls sunbathing, people playing Frisbee, or just people reading and talking. A must see in Spring, early Fall. I would recommend going at any time in the morning or afternoon to campus and just walk around. It is a huge place, so if you want to open girls just ask for directions or where to find a good coffee shop. Too easy.

If you like coffee shops I can’t recommend the Starbucks on campus enough. In fact, I’m sitting here right now! It is one block over from Greek row, so there is a steady stream of sorority girls coming in and out.

Easton Shopping Center

One of the biggest and classiest malls I’ve been too. Tons of shops in the main indoor mall, as well as dozens of shops and restaurants outside, great when the weather is nice. Just a great spot for day game imo.

Hotels, Transportation etc.

I would recommend just staying in the Downtown area, as close to High St. as possible, there are plenty of nice hotels. Cabs are very common like any big city. Also, if you’re staying downtown and want to get to campus, the bus service is very convenient. There’s the #2 bus which is a straight shot to campus and downtown, and vice-a-versa.

Further Info

There is probably more that can be discussed, but I either a.) Don’t think it is worth mentioning or b.) Don’t feel qualified to discuss it. Columbus may not be on your bucket list, but should make for a nice weekend if you live in the Mid-West or East Coast and just want something different. It truly is a cool city, also up and coming in terms of affluence.

Here is a link to the Columbus meetup thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27647.html

Me and DLV Master have gone out twice now, and may go out our 3rd time this weekend. Both times it has been a lot of fun, and it will likely be great this weekend as well. We’ve both noticed that campus bars are by far the best in terms of picking up. We've both gotten make outs or numbers here in these two times. If any of you are within driving distance I implore you to join us. Unfortunately I will be graduating in 6 weeks or so, and then I’m leaving Ohio. I will definitely miss it. In the meetup thread puckman wrote:

"Here's the scoop; you will not experience ANYTHING ever again as fruitful for pussy like THE Ohio State University. Since this is your last semester I would make it your best and get as many bangs as possible, quickly, like 50. Go Fuck Bucks! Remember the grandpa in Little Miss Sunshine telling the grandson to just go get lots of pussy? Thats me, I am the old grisled grandpa with an OSU visor dying in the back of the van while you're driving to a party on 16th Ave. Seriously, make this your best semester ever and just get laid, this is as good as it gets. Now get out there, do your best at school, and get some OHIO SKANKSSSS"

I’m sure I’m going to look back at how I took this place for granite, so I am looking to make the most of it in the time I have here.

Post some questions if you have any, I’d be happy to answer them. For more info there was an ROK article posted a while back:

http://www.returnofkings.com/9636/what-h...s-columbus

His observations are pretty similar to mine.

I’ve been around RVF for a few months, and look forward to being a part of this community. It is a great resource for the lifestyle I want. I’ve learned a lot so far and am very appreciative of it. I’m a young guy, but I hope to share what I’ve learned so far with you all.

Seth Rose

Messages In This Thread