rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quebec City

Quebec City

Mini-Datasheet on Quebec city with some final thoughts on this thread.

I considered posting this in a new topic but there's really no need to do so since there's already some good info in here.

CR pointed out some aspects that make Quebec girls stand out from Montrealers. Going with the average and some stereotypes, girls here are generally nicer (small town = less attitude), thrashier (think rock/metal music in many cases) and not as diverse (most immigrants stayed in Montreal). The latest resulting in a near complete French environment. I'll say this though, I'm still strugling to understand how so many girls gave you a hard time for speaking English. As I said in another post, I never had any significant bad experiences. Heck, I would use English to throw them off and establish a dominant frame. I dunno, call it luck or game maybe. Anyway, here's a part of what I posted about a week ago in CR's Montreal thread.

Quote:Quote:

[...] Most of them don't get to practice it that often so they get all excited when the opportunity presents itself. My favorites are the ones who have a limited knowledge of English. They're so busy and working so damn hard to find the right words during the conversation, their little hamster completely shuts down and the path becomes clear very easily [...]
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27206-...#pid517100

This being said, CR's report cannot, and shouldn't be ignored. Fact is, the number of English speakers here can be limited at times and it will diminish your opportunities.

Also, I can't stress the following enough. To everyone considering a short visit, get your ass to Midtown! (Sainte-Foy neighbourhood). You've got a few colleges (cegep) + the university + a big ass mall + a bunch of night venues; all in the same area! I know the logistics suck since there's no subway/train and it's outside downtown, but make it happen. Take the bus in the afternoon, get some daygame going at Laurier Quebec (major shopping mall) and across the various campuses, and then you're already in Sainte-Foy; so no excuses to not go out there at night.

Quick breakdown of the city:

[Image: qc_city.jpg]

Some popular night venues from different categories:

Le Boudoir. Located in lower town. Cool resto/lounge that turns into a nightclub. Don’t get there too early. Electro music on the 1st floor, latin/world music downstairs. Great quality of girls. Dress well.

Maurice. On Grande-Allée. Quebec City’s most upscale nightclub. Huge complex with a restaurant, Voo Doo lounge, cigar room and nightclub of course. Again great quality of girls. Dress to impress.

Dagobert (concerts on the 1st floor, dancefloor upstairs). Girl quality is average at best but it’s a big place and right in front of Maurice, so give it a shot. Crowds of all type and lots of people from out of town.

L’Ozone Laurier. Very young crowd; lots of douchebags. Located outside of downtown on Blvd Laurier.

Beaugarte. Again located on Blvd Laurier. Used to be a 35+ age crowd but things have changed over the past few years. Hit or miss but my friends and I have had some good nights.

Star Bar. Near the campuses. Turns into a nightclub at night. Hip Hop music. Youngest crowd you’ll find in the city. Kind of a trashy, go wild place for the college kids.

Pub universitaire. Main and official bar/nightclub of Université Laval. Located on the campus outside of downtown. Huge terrace and some good local talent. Also, lots of foreign girls come to Laval to study French.

Le Sacrilège: St-Jean Street. Decent watering hole and a great terrace. Hipster crowd, mostly locals and liberal arts college students.

Ninkasi: Similar place. Hipsters and local artists. Cool place in its type though.

P’tite Grenouille (Sainte-Foy location). Outside of downtown. Very cheap warm disgusting beer, fun people, party atmosphere and live folk music.

There are hundreds of nice bars/lounges/pubs across the city.
PM me for some more upscale locations or other venues suggestions.

Conclusion
No, this is not Montreal; let's make this clear. It's a second tier mostly French city with a "small town" feeling attached to it. Despite some of the disappointing reports, there are some amazing girls here and the talent is high. If you're willing to put in the effort, you can score some nice pure Québécoises.

Logistics needs to be tight as hell though since the city is quite spread out and there's no subway. I don't think I would come here during the week as it is mostly dead (except during the high summer season and the Winter Carnival). Ask around and make sure you know in advance where you'll be going out at night. There's always something going on but you gotta find it.

Finally you need to come here with the right attitude. Don't bother with those "French only" bitches if they give you a hard time; they're miserable and simply not worth your time or energy.

Messages In This Thread