rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

All Montreal Everything

All Montreal Everything

Quote: (08-18-2013 12:26 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

G,

sounds like MTL has come down a notch...

will you keep it in your rotation of places you visit?

Yeah, it kind of has.

It has been a steady decline since my original "love at first sight" moment with Montreal.

Not really sure why exactly. Part of it may be personal issues. Part of it may have been over-inflation due to California comparisons.

However, there is something strange about the people that I can't quite put my finger on. This might be just a bad luck of the draw that I was dealt. Keep in mind though, I am working off a significant sample size.

Montreal can be great. Many short term travelers have a great time. I did too. That part is pretty easy. Try 6+ months in the place and I am interested in the tune people are singing.

Rotation wise? Great question. Better to ask me that question next summer.

I am still having a difficult time in figuring out my Summer Babylon. Winter is covered. Summer? Hard to find. I am losing faith in France and Spain (although I need to see Biarittz again). California is out like yesterdays garbage. Montreal is dropping fast. Short it. I am running out of places on the map. Need some new ideas. Maybe I need to go to Cape Verde. Or Morocco.

That being said, Montreal is great and one of my favorites in the world.

It is just not my favorite place in the world.

Messages In This Thread