rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Boring but intense hill sprint guide

Boring but intense hill sprint guide

I've been doing a sprinting workout for just a month now but I can tell it's already a winner, though it is intense. It's only 24 total minutes of workout (including rest intervals) per week but I've already dropped at least ten pounds of bodyfat and gained some muscle in my hamstrings and calves.

This is good for springtime to get ripped for the beaches but I was too lazy to do this earlier. I thought that my manual labor job would cause me to lose more weight, but it did not despite me (basically) standing up, walking, and doing farmer's carries eight to ten hours a day.

Find yourself a nice grassy hill that's about a hundred yards. More or less is fine but I consider this a good intermediate hill. The hill I use is pretty steep so it's effective.

Jog up the hill once and do some arm circles, butt kicks, and a few knee bends to get loosened up. I usually run shirtless to get some sun.

Here's the meat and potatoes.

Get a stopwatch and set the timer for 12 minutes.
Sprint up the hill, walk or jog down it, and sprint again. When sprinting, use very aggressive arm action like the olympic sprinters on TV because it does help you run faster. Rest when you must. Eight to ten rounds is a good bet because you'll probably be dragging after about eight minutes.
Just bust ass for the twelve minutes and when the timer is up, leave.

The beauty of this is that it's steady-state. As you get stronger at sprinting you'll be able to sprint more and faster inside of the twelve minutes and rest less. Supposing your legs are strong already you will likely get a little sore in the hamstrings starting out, but keep doing it and eventually you'll just feel fresh.

Once you do this hill sprint workout (twice per week preferably) for two months or so you can reevalute your program and see if you want more volume.
My guess is that you'll be happy with what you see.

Messages In This Thread