rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another one of my best friends was left by his wife.

Another one of my best friends was left by his wife.

Warning, this might be a long post.

I have 3 friends that I would call very close to me, as close as brothers. Recently, it's been an incredible case study in modern relations.

Friend 1: Falls in love quickly. Approaching machine. Not intimidated by women but after a date or two, or god forbid sex, he starts showing emotions immediately and freaks girls out. Has been pining for a serious girlfriend since I've known him and has never had one.

High quality male. Surfs, in great shape, teaches kids, fucking smart as hell. Too nice for his own good.

Friend 2: Wife left him 6 months ago. Professional cook. Crazy free spirit. People fall in love with him after 15 minutes of meeting him. Magnetic personality. I'll leave him alone in a bar or club and 15 minutes later he's got a circle of people around him. Unfortunately he believed in being up front with his emotions and being affectionate with girls. Wife left him for another dude. I've heard numerous people say he's the most amazing person they've ever met, but apparently not good enough for his educated, privileged white ex-wife.

Friend 3: Just found out today his wife left him, I don't even think they were married a year even though they were together for several years. Another brilliant mind. Surfs, scuba, races sailboats. Degrees in oceanography and computer science, another magnetic personality. Due to his mom's suicide and dad's recent death from cancer, he also is very "real" and up front with emotions and affection. Generous towards others, a total renaissance man and jack-of-all-trades. His wife also a white, educated artist from an affluent family.

The funniest thing about these guys is Friend 1 has always pined for something serious his entire life, but now that he's in his late 20s and is seeing what friend 2 and 3 are going through, his stance has changed completely. I'd been trying to feed him the red pill for quite some time but he wasn't really having it (just goes to show you can't convince people of anything) but I think he's coming to the right conclusions on his own observations.

Any scientifically minded male would have to.

You might think I'm partial to my friends, that my male hamster is spinning and reassuring my guy friends about "what a catch" they are. Nothing would be further from the truth. I tend to be critical of everyone I know and my friends know me for calling shit like I see it. Believe me when I say, if these 3 guys can't land a decent woman who treats them well, then this society is fucked. I've never been more convinced that being in a relationship and having a girl on lock requires more game than being single and fucking around. But who wants to do that?

Sometimes I think I'm a piss poor example and other times I might be a great example. I've had the same girlfriend for 2 years. In that time we've broken up more times than I can count, usually by her. She knows about a few of the girls I've fucked and doesn't know about many more. She comes back every time. At one point I thought that my dating life is completely fucked up and dysfunctional but lately the thought has been crossing my mind, "What if this is as good as it gets? What if this is the apex of being in a relationship?"

As far as I can tell, the "end-game" of relationships for men is to have a girlfriend that you keep on lock, a girl that treats you well and works hard for you. She knows that one wrong move and you're out the door to fuck some new pussy. You have flings on the side to satisfy your red blooded male habits but you keep them discreet in respect to your main girl.

I have other acquaintances that aren't as good of friends as Friend 1,2, and 3, guys that I know who are married and things aren't going well for them either. These are all guys trying to do things the old fashioned way. Be good men, take care of their women, be kind and respectful.

I know we talk about this shit on the forum ad naseum and none of this should be a surprise to me, but it's different when it's right in front of your face and happening to people close to you. Guys that I've known since we were riding bikes in middle school and stealing donuts. Playing hey mister in front of 7/11 to get cases of beer. Running from cops and getting booked. Taking mushrooms together out in the desert and talking for hours about the meaning of life. I still see them as these scrappy motherfuckers riding a skateboard, but now they're getting divorced.

I don't begrudge "the game" for myself. I'm used to playing games and being a dickhead. I've come to terms that women are little more than a pleasant accessory to have in one's life, that require constant maintenance and gaming to get the right results. But I begrudge "the game" for my friends. It's painful to watch. The friend that I found out about today; I thought things might be different with them. They seemed happy. I started to think, "Well, women are fucked up and relationships are horseshit, but there are exceptions. You just gotta sift through a lot of garbage" I'm not so sure about that now. I have zero hope for any decency in American women. These are guys that did everything right and still got burnt, badly. I'm not worried about them; they're completely capable and they'll be fine, but it's alarming what's going on out there in the wilderness.

I'm a firm believer in "adapt or die", but adapt to what? It seems like the only options are the MGTOWers that are deciding to drop out of everything, or guys that have to keep up with the most recent moves to stay one step ahead of the game. That's a lot of work.

It doesn't seem like a very happy arrangement in either case. It seems like the only option really is to go foreign, but even then, how long with that last?

End of times, I tell ya.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread