rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

personal training as a part-time/sideline gig?

personal training as a part-time/sideline gig?

Yeah if you've been lifting regularly here and there, it's not that hard to train a girl to lose some weight or a guy to gain some muscle. you go there gym anyways, why not spending extra hour to make some money? (not considering the fact that you can't train someone in someone else's gym) Sounds awesome huh?

It look simple as it sounds but it shouldn't be easy like that.

Think about photography. there are lots of guys who can take decent photos. they would love to shoot for little bit of money and the quality can be as good as photographer who makes a living out of it.
You might think charging $100 compared to $500 should win over customers.

Well, how are you going to find them though? how are you going to make them to trust you?

Without established business, you will have hard time just charging $15 an hour (compared to $50 at the gym) and you will need to spend very good amount of time to collect clients to make decent amount of money (let's say $500 bucks a month)

Those trainers (who has good certifications and been in the business several years) are not dumb to work for the gym and give up more than half of their hourly rate to the gym. They work in established business that renders the credibility which opens customer's wallet. And it is not Cheap to open up that business.

I am shooting photos for fun. I have no interest doing this to make money. It's still hard to find girls who will come out for a free photo shoot. I run into some ads on craigslist on CL looking for photographers. Their offering is just ridiculous and I am sure there are enough people who will want that job because it's their side gig or they just want to do it for fun.

I think if you can make several hundred bucks a Month doing this, you are doing pretty good. But would it be worth your time?
Plus, people don't mind free coaching but when they give you a cash (Whether it's $5 an hour $50 hour), they will get critical.
Can you handle that pressure?

Messages In This Thread