rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been?

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been?

Quote: (12-01-2018 06:14 PM)Jungle Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2018 08:29 AM)luckskywalker Wrote:  

Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Traffic is dangerous and crazy, roads are dirty. Hell, there's a small river close to my place which pretty much is stacked on trash, and people live around it. Stepping on it.

I don't dare to eat in the local places, fuck that, I prefer to be alive. Ah, and that comes with a price. Eating out in Western places costs you $10+

I found Siem Reap to be quite charming and lots of character. There were cool cafes, bars, gyms, cowork spaces, interesting people. Yes, it's poor and the streets aren't so clean, like most of the world. I rode bicycles all over the place and didn't find the traffic to be overwhelming. But this town's economy is steadily increasing due to a stream of international tourists, and I got a positive impression of the local people and it was relatively safe. Yes it can be relatively expensive to eat at western style places, but that is the same as with most developing countries.

Dare I say, if you find Siem Reap to be the biggest shithole you've ever been to, then I will assume you haven't been to a large number of other real shitholes out there on this planet to compare it with.
I agree. Siem Reap is a fantastic little city to visit.

I cant imagine living there as its a city essentially developed around visiting ankor wat. After doing ankor wat, the night market, and pub street theres little left to do. We did two days and that was more than enough.

Note to anyone in asia: ankor wat is easily the best historical site I've ever seen (and I've been to many of them).

Messages In This Thread