rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

THE Definitive Sao Paulo Data Sheet!

THE Definitive Sao Paulo Data Sheet!

Gentlemen, I’ve been a regular reader on here since September (Thanks Roosh for assembling the forum), and I decided to put together a complete data sheet on São Paulo. There are a lot of Brazil threads in the forum, but few about SP. I feel it is a slightly misunderstood city, and hopefully this sheet will help some of the guys who may be passing through in the future.

I saw Ms. Chocolate’s previous posts, and I agree with them. But since she is a local/female, I thought I’d give an American/male perspective. Feel free to correct me, add or edit as you see fit. (btw Ms. Chocolate, when are we going to Villa Country?)

***Warning: Extremely long post. If you’re not interested in SP or visiting soon, you may want to stop reading now*** (Skip to the end for my notes on gaming in SP)

My stats:

Originally from Los Angeles, CA, early 30’s, been to 19 countries, speak Spanish and Portuguese, lived in Europe, Rio, and Recife; I’ve lived in São Paulo for almost 6 months now.

I’ll leave my race out of it because even I’m not sure of the exact mix, but every day in Brazil someone tells me that I look like Adriano, the soccer player @ Flamengo.

Because of the size of SP, I figured a map would be a good place to start with the data. To understand the size of this city, consider that Buenos Aires is a huge city, and has about 48 distinct neighborhoods. SP has over 90 neighborhoods and a metro area population of about 20 million. I’ve underlined in red the areas you should focus on for gaming and general enjoyment.

[Image: attachment.jpg166]   

Logistics:

You’ll probably either fly into Guarulhos (Intl) or Congonhas (domestic), or be coming in by bus to the Tiete station.

Guarulhos is very far from the city center, at least 45 minute cab ride (with NO traffic) for about R$80-$120. Take an ‘Airport Bus Service’ shuttle into the city instead. At the Welcome/Visitor’s Center they’ll direct you where to buy tickets. The buses are nice, they have several destinations within the city, and it’s just R$30.

If you fly into Congonhas, your best bet will be a cab. If you stick to my neighborhood suggestions, you shouldn’t pay more than R$20-40 for a cab to your hotel, apt, etc.

If you’re taking a bus into the city and arriving @ Tiete, there is a Metro station attached to the bus station. You’ll be able to take the train directly to/nearby any of the key neighborhoods. Get familiar with the metro map:
http://www.withoutatraceroute.com/wp-con...paTMSP.png

Where to stay:

Plenty of hotels/hostels in those ‘hoods, I would recommend Pinheiros (near Vila Madalena). It’s a good location, with easy access to the other areas. My second choice would be Jardim Paulista, near Av. Paulista.

Also google search for ‘Pousadas’ in Brazil/SP, there are a few here that are cheaper than hotels but better than a hostel.

There’s always the Couchsurfing option too. SP has a very active/lively CS community.

Neighborhood breakdown:

***Pinheiros: One of the oldest neighborhoods in SP. Has it all, from upper class to dodgy parts. Vila Madalena is one of the best nightlife districts in the city. Must see!

Impossible to mention all the places to check out, but try: São Bento (upscale boteco), Traço de União (Samba), Filial (late night bar), Canto da Ema (Forró), Joy (Hip-hop), Vila Grano (after the club breakfast)…

Really, just start at the intersection of Rua Aspicuelta e Rua Mourato Coelho on a Fri/Sat night, you’ll be in the eye of the storm. You can PM me, there’s really too many places…

***Jardim Paulistana: High end, ritzy part of SP. Stroll up and down Rua Oscar Freire to see the best boutiques in town, lots of eye candy everywhere, although might come with a snobby attitude.

Check out: O’Malley’s (bar where girls go to meet gringos – seriously), All Blacks (think upscale O’Malley’s), Lone Star (small bar but good crowd). Skye Bar @ Hotel Unique is also worth a look. (Closest thing to South Beach/Manhattan/Sunset Blvd in SP. G Manifesto custom suit game recommended here.)

***Consolação/Bela Vista: On the opposite side of Ave. Paulista from Jardins, def worth checking out. Much more laid back, with a hip/alternative vibe. Huge Univ. near here (Mackenzie), so some spots may have a younger feel. Take a stroll down Rua Augusta, plenty of bars, clubs and whorehouses, if that’s your thing. A lot of gay friendly places in this area too. But it’s not like back home, the gay spots here attract lots of straight people too, and make for good pick-up spots. Club Vegas and Club Studio always seem to be packing people in. Sonique and Gloria are also worth a look. Again, too many spots to name around here.

***Barra Funda: Only reason to head up here is the variety of clubs, not much else going on. The bars/clubs here aren’t clustered together like Vila Madalena/Vila Olimpia, so you’ll need to know where you’re going if you want to hit multiple spots in BF. D-Edge is a sick club, mainly electronic, and they bring in a lot of intl DJ’s. The Week is also near, heard a lot about it, but haven’t been. Villa Country is a huge Sertanejo club (think Brazilian country music), but let me tell you, the girls at Sertanejo clubs tend to be amazing! Try something different, check it out…

***Itaim Bibi: Another upscale area, but with plenty of options. Yes, there are some stuck up chicks around here, but if your game is strong…

Within Itaim there is Cidade Jardim and Vila Olimpia. CJ has some swank bars (Mercearia) and a few dance spots (Azucar), but it might be better to take a chick here. Vila Olimpia is better for gaming. Hit up Rua Prof. Atílio Innocenti near Av. Juscelino Kubitschek, lots of places here. Casa do Samba, Rey Castro (Salsa/Merengue) or Dublin (Irish Pub). Lots of other options nearby. Kia Ora has a reputation for stunning girls! Pink Elephant also has a club around here, but bring some cash, it’s probably the most expensive club in SP.

***Moema: Sort of like Cidade Jardim, a mix of cool bars in a residential area. Near the park, plenty of good, quality tail, but also maybe a better area to take a chick. Bourbon Street is one of the few Jazz/New Orleans type spots in SP, worth a look.

Honorable mention: Royal (Hip-hop/Centro), Lions Club (new hotspot/Centro), and Love Story (near Centro): Love Story is a popular after hours club, with a crazy mix of ‘working girls’ and people who wanted to keep the party going til 10am.

There are really too many areas/places to list, I’m sure I missed something. This city really is a black hole of options. In 6 months, I’ve probably only scratched the surface, maybe 30% of the city. All of the above spots have websites with ‘agenda/programação’ lists telling you what type of music/party is going on each night. Or try these sites for (more) recommendations:

http://www.obaoba.com.br/sao-paulo
http://www.blackbookmag.com/guides/sao-paulo
http://guia.folha.com.br/noite/
http://totalspguide.com/

***Gaming Paulistanas (SP chicks):

I’d be wrong if I didn’t talk about gaming in SP. Understand first, that Paulistanos are hard-working people with busy schedules. Most people you meet will work during the day AND study at night. That’s why the nightlife is so intense here, they have to unwind somehow (and because there’s no beach here). People are out 7 nights a week, so if you’re a night owl, your gaming options are unlimited.

Any type of girl you want is here, from the blond haired/blue eyed Brasileiras, to the mulattas, morenas, Asians (SP has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan), tourists, exchange students and every mix possible in between.

There’s no one type of strategy, because there are literally millions of girls in the city, from all over the country. That’s the best part about gaming here, it’s like an ongoing field experiment, a riddle with no answer…

Bottom line, there are more Brazilian girls in this city than in any other city on earth! And that’s what we’re really here for, right…?

The basics apply: clean up a bit, remember that aggressive will always work better than aloof, the girls here love/want/need attention, and for God’s sakes, learn some Portuguese! An unlocked cell phone is really a must; you can get a local SIM card for R$10-15.

And for those of you who are just breezing through here for a few days, use that to your advantage! We all know that “I’m leaving town tomorrow/next week” game works in any country. Run some strong game, make the connection with her, and it will pay dividends, trust me. Might not get the 1-night stand every time, but the ‘next day lay’ happens here.

Day game: Not a lot of on the street ‘day game’, as Paulistanas are busy and on the move. But hit the malls! This city has more malls per capita than any city I’ve seen. Most of the stores are full of cute chicks working there. The malls will be slower during the day, because most folks are at work, and the girls end up just standing around all day. You’d be surprised how keen some of these girls are to a little chat, especially to a gringo. Just be smooth about it. Ibirapuera Park is also known for being full of tail, but I haven’t tapped that market yet.

So far in 6 months in SP I’ve bedded 8 chicks. I know, not a ridiculous #, but unfortunately I work a lot; and as I’ve gotten older, notches are not my driving force as they once were. I would much rather have 3-5 chicks on my team and set up 2-4 different dates a week. That way, I’m still getting sex on the reg, but with variety too. As one fades away, I just replace her. With this system, I haven’t had a drought since the mid-90’s.

Anyhow, I put this together because SP is a monster of a city, and hella hard to navigate upon a first glance. I can see why people don’t like it initially. If you have no compass, you’re in for a frustrating, confusing trip. But when you dial in and hit the right spots, you’ll find out in a hurry that SP is sick.

Keep in mind though, SP is the largest city in South America, and the financial capital of Brazil. Between the taxis, eating out (restaurant scene is excellent) and nightlife, it’s not a cheap trip. Budget accordingly.

Also, if you noticed, I never mentioned danger. I believe that Rio is much more dangerous than SP, but I’ve never had drama anywhere in Brazil. Stick to these areas in SP, keep your wits about you, and you’ll be fine.

I consider this my contribution to the forum. Lord knows I’ve spent hours learning (and laughing) reading some of the posts, I had to give some knowledge back; the sh*t on this forum is priceless! It’s like a brain trust of some of the best international players on earth!

So I hope this helps those in need; I want you guys to have some solid data so you can hit the ground running and take advantage of SP. Hell, as much as I try, I can’t swoop them all down here!

If you are passing through SP, feel free to PM me. If I’m busy and can’t make it out to meet for a drink, at least I may be able to point you in the direction of a hot party or event.

I’m out gentlemen, go forth and conquer…

Messages In This Thread