rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York

New York

OK, I'm hitting up NYC in April for about a week. Going solo and staying in a hostel because (a) it's all I can afford and (b) I like hostelling and meeting folks there.

My plans are pretty much what you'd expect - sightseeing, some cultural stuff, soaking up the city's atmosphere, eating, pubbing, clubbing and hopefully banging.

So, if anyone here's from NY or has spent a good bit of time there, could you give me some advice on these questions?

* What are the absolutely must see/must do things?? A week is a short time in a city the size of New York and I know I won't be able to see everything, so what should I absolutely see and do?

* Do you think it's worth my while heading out the city (i.e. upstate) for a day or so? Any nice small towns/rural areas worth seeing?

* Where is good for going out? A bit of a broad question in somewhere like NYC I realise, but I'm looking for bars/clubs that are cool and decent with hot girls but not overly expensive/pretentious/snobby. Any recommendations welcome...Manhatten or the other boroughs.

* Any tips on particular in picking up in New York, whether at day or night? I realise guys on this forum spend a lot of time trashing American women but I'm guessing there are more hot girls per capita in Manhatten than in rural Arkansas or whatever - also very international/cosmopolitan. I've heard all about New York girls' attitudes - is it true what they say? Do you take a different route here than elsewhere?

Cheers in advance!

Messages In This Thread