rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location-Independent Lifestyle VS Job w/Networking Opp.

Location-Independent Lifestyle VS Job w/Networking Opp.

There's a lot of talk here about living the location-independent lifestyle and working on your own, but isn't there just as much to be said about the invaluable networking opportunities that come with working a regular job?

I'm asking because I'm at a crossroads where I've built up enough of a client base to go independent and work from anywhere, but there's a limit to how much I can make or work because I'm only one person.

Another option that presented itself recently is that my current work attracted the attention of a huge MNC that wants me to work for them fulltime. My pay would drop significantly from what I'm making now, but I'm very much attracted to the incredibly talented people I met working there who are very entrepreneurial and would make tremendous business partners in the future due to their training, skills, and attitude (skills I don't have).

Networks matter. I tried starting an e-commerce business with someone from the finance world and we just kept dragging our feet, not knowing what the next step was, sinking around 5K into it before we both quit out of frustration.

I'm trying to weight the pros and cons of both decisions now. Feel free to PM me for more personal questions related to my situation.

Messages In This Thread