rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ringo's São Paulo Datasheet

Ringo's São Paulo Datasheet

Nightlife Options (Report Part 3 of 3)

[Image: photostream]

Panorama (Tues night) - My first night in Sao Paulo was at this upscale lounge playing good deep groove house. Minimum cost? $120 Reais Consumption. Each drink was about 25-40 Reais each..solution, order the cheapest liquor based drink and bottled water to stay semi-sober. I didn't follow that rule and got drunk after 3 drinks as the pours were strong. It's pretty hard penetrating the tables here at first as you'll have many closed groups sitting outside on the patios chatting amongst themselves.

The best time to make a move would be opening a mixed set or girls smoking on the steps. In my case, the opener was "voces sao d'aqui em Sao Paulo" (Are you guys from Sao Paulo originally). Answer was no. We talked & they were interested in the fact that I spoke Portuguese so I got invited to their table upstairs inside. Group ended up being from Mato Grosso do Sul as they were successful professionals in the medical field. The coolest guy was one on his way to UCSB in California for a study abroad program...(arrived literally a day before the shootings there....). Anyways, the chicks were pretty chill and the other two guys were "too cool for school" not acknowledging me.

One thing lead to another, girls at table shot me down when I decided to escalate...was lead outside towards other tables chatting up other chicks...back upstairs where I grinded up some cute chick though she was slightly chubby. Only got some kissing in, but she wouldn't go home with me. I arrived at Panorama slightly before midnight only to somehow stay until 4:00AM getting nothing. Back home I went..cool place, but wouldn't recommend for ONS pull.

Woods Bar (Wed night) - Though Sertanejo bars are a "power play" for native Brazilian dudes, this genre of music and setting is my kryptonite. The cover itself was $60.00 Reais not including drinks. Though I hear $200 Reais consumption can lead one upstairs into the VIP area, which has more hotties & less thirsty dudes. My instincts said get some rest Wednesday night, but I stopped by anyways since I was taking pictures of the bridge (Ponte Octavio Frias) in Vila Olimpia.

Not a good idea, lol. Talent was amazing, but most of the talent was concentrated up in VIP area. Too bad I didn't know about the consumption rule beforehand. I did need to use the restroom badly (#2) so the facilities were really clean with enough toilets in abundance. The approaches were quite off though. Best chance I had was with some chick alone though she was watching a beer of another American dude who I got along with upon his arrival..not territorial whatsover. Last time ever rolling solo into a Sertanejo bar....

Vila Madalena (Thursday Night) - I didn't have any plans to really drink in Vila Madalena Thursday night though stopped by during 8PM to just walk around the neighborhood & check out the scene. Most of the concentrated bars were located on Rua Aspicuelta. I even checked out Boteco de São Bento based on recommendations...no offense to those who suggested it...but it looked the same as all the other botecos in the area, lol. Vila Madalena is a cool bohemian neighborhood to meet friends...but for a date night with an unbanged chick or to put in cold approaches..wouldn't recommend it as logistics are not favorable. Might be an ok place to take a gal you've already banged in past though. More info on Vila Madalena in my post above regarding neighborhood analysis...

Provocateur (Night 1) - First night out in Provocateur. It's best to get there before 1AM as the consumption rule ($200 Reais) increases after that time. The club itself doesn't open till 12:30 AM though. Cool chic area of bars and cafes surround that area of Itaim Bibi. Just ask people where the other bars/streets are and they'll guide you in right direction.

DJ there that night was solid. Met a gorgeous first gal...escalated a bit..flirted..but not any kissing that night...she left early. We switched info. 2nd group of gals I approached were cool and from Guarulhos. Didn't go anywhere..got separated. And then everything else was an epic blowout of female cockblocking. I had never seen so many tall female models in my life...that were up there in height (possibly without heels too).

My funniest blowout was with a model from Abu Dabi. Opened in Portuguese, but she didn't understand. Her friends then explained she was from Middle East...switched to English as they immediately replied "she is good Muslim girl" only to punch the crap out of my arms and chest. Geez easy there. I remember getting smacked a bit on the arm from quite a few gals. Hostile crowd.

As a foreigner..my classic push & pull escalation game pays off in the States...in Sao Paulo..it was either ineffective (not aggressive enough) or met with animosity since I was a foreigner. Meanwhile, Brazilian dudes seemed as if they could just walk up to a girl..grab her..demand a makeout without any negative consequences from neighboring spectators..works at times (primarily with gals they already know via pre-existing contacts)...at other times didn't. Quite a tough situation to figure out.

Aurora (Friday Night) - Cool restaurant/bar that I heard was more highly recommended on Sunday night as it switched into a more mix/mingle club setting. Good DJ to start off sets before the live band eventually performed. Shotgun and I used this as a meetup point to shoot the shit and learn more about each other. As I mentioned in other posts...cool dude..and for a Brazilian possessed terrific sarcasm and a dry sense of humor, haha. It's worth mentioning we opened up a mix set to find a gal who lived in San Antonio, TX. She was surprised to find out I was a Texan myself who spoke Portuguese too..so we switched info (she hasn't replied yet lol). After some pre-gaming, we took our talents to....

She Rocks (Friday Night) - the second destination of the night. Cool venue. Live cover bands. $60 Reais cover charge per guy. I opened first talking to multiple chicks that seemed interested. It took most of these gals like 10-15 of speaking to each for them to finally bid adieu and walk elsewhere. In the meantime, I see Shotgun making out with the first chick he approached who was HOT, haha. After 8 or 9 gals and tons of cockblocking/white knighting from local Brazilian dudes, I literally ran out of targets to approach as Shotgun was nowhere to be found. Thinking he had already left for the dirty deed...I got curious about other places....

Royal Club (Friday Night) - I thought about visiting this venue Tuesday..but overstayed my time in Panorama. Just like She Rocks, the cover was once again $60.00 Reais. This place is like Provocateur except not as nice though with an upstairs smoking patio that the prior lacks. The club itself implements a little more hip hop into the house music mixes as well. Much like She Rocks, I was dealt with more white knighting and cockblocking from Brazilian dudes here too as they were simultaneously imposing their caveman game on chicks. I felt like an NBA player not getting the breaks & calls as the home team was able to manipulate the refs into more favorable looks at the bucket...

On the smoking patio were some pretty hot chicks..but of course..the thirsty local Paulistanos took great advantage of that out muscling yours truly...at 4:30AM..I got fed up and thought about calling it quits. Though there were some buzzed females that could've resulted in some lucky bounces for myself...they were quickly hovered by once again local dudes. Got a text from Shotgun indicating he did not pull first target. He asked about coming to Royal, but I responded "no" bc I didn't want to waste his time or money as the scene = meh. It eventually lead him to him following another chick to D-Edge and pulling a ONS in a nearby sex motel though lol.

Change in Strategy - For my last night in Sao Paulo, I decided on changing my strategy..or well parts of it. My "catch phrase" in previous nights was telling people I was in town visiting a friend though they didn't have availability that specific night.

BAD MOVE

I adopted the phrase "here working on a project with a client and should be back as I'm making a great deal of progress." Something had to give, but I immediately felt more self-confidence trying that phase in interactions with strangers.

Walking Around Jardins (Sat Night) - Prior to Saturday, I only used Jardins as a central point to the Metro stops or clubbing options at night. This was probably the first evening I utilized it to just stroll around at my own pace, which made me think...."why the hell didn't I do this earlier?"

[Image: wtf.jpg]

I came to the realization there was a yuppy girl scene in Sampa uninterested in clubbing that should've been infiltrated...but I didn't. So after some more walking...went back to the apartment for a wardrobe change and it was all in to make this last night one to remember.

All Black's Irish Pub (Sat Night) - Nice little Irish Bar with an upscale twist in Jardins (Rua Oscar Freire)...thing is..I never entered. At Midnight on a Saturday, there was a big line and no way in hell I was going to stick around just to enter. In line, I chatted up some people telling them I was in Sao Paulo for a work project & noticed there was a hot chick waiting on a specific cab along with her female friends. So..I ditched the line..and opened gal with "Vc ta esperando para um taxi?" with my arms around her shoulder. Discussions ensued and then we were making out in minutes. The party ended when her friends demanded she go with them, but info was exchanged. An easy lay would've been nice, but it was still 12:30 AM and wanted to do more exploring my last night....

Itaim Bibi/Rua Jeronimo da Veiga (Saturday Night) - On the way to Provocateur..I noticed there were just a higher abundance of girls at nearby venues such as Wall Street Bar, Bar Vaca Veia, and Itaim Vermont of the yuppy variety not engaged in the club scene. I was cutting it a bit close as entering Provocateur a bit later could've lead to higher costs....but...the fear of not capitalizing in such a short time on street/bar approaches triggered into....

Provocateur (Sat Night - Part 2) - Bitch shields were much lower this time around..but the problem lied within there being much thirstier dudes cockblocking in a more competitive sense opposed to white knighting. The DJ also wasn't as good as Thursday. Much to my dismay, I also encountered a lot of the same faces seen at clubs from nights before...especially the hot brunette I exchanged info with Thursday...oh my was this fate?

The highlight of Provocateur was some old fake titty cougar & soso face I encountered multiple times that night. Turned down first couple times only for her to come back and demand multiple makeouts with me. After some more chatting and exchanged info with other girls leaving, I decided to approach Thursday girl again...only to be knocked off by some other aggressive dude. It wasn't so much him that was effective, but Thursday chick's female friend was TOTALLY into the wingman. Thursday girl finally decided to call it a night (I realized she had a kid) and went home alone with her friend leaving me in the dust with..well..nothing yet again in Sao Paulo.

On the way out of Provocateur..I see soso face big titty cougar trying to get her home with me. Since she saw me ramping up aggression with other chicks after the makeouts, it resulted in her not wanting to bone that night...ugh.

Final Sunday - The final Sunday was highlighted with me packing my shit hungover for an evening flight. I also got text messages from Thursday Provocateur girl and the Irish Pub chick. Tired as balls...there was no will to get them over for a last minute bone not to mention I had to check out and see Ringo from RVF. Well...no last day lay...and I didn't get to see Ringo due to miscommunication & 3G errors delaying our Whatsapp messages. All I could do was spend my final rainy evening consuming a rather enjoyable cafezinho in Jardins before heading out to the airport shuttle bus.

Concluding Thoughts - Sao Paulo kicked my ass physically and mentally as I was just.....not able to overcome a lot of funny bounces & had difficulty finding my niche target until the 4th day. The atmosphere is a quite the grind, but that challenge is something that has me yearning for more though with a more effective gameplan next time around.

The females here lack the homeliness of say..a Mineira or a Gaucha...but the quality in regards to appearances is top notch without many fatties. There is also something to be said about their yuppy professional existence in the big city as well. It's a fun town that is a mix of grimy 1970's New York and modern day LA though the women here will give you the time or day with good Portuguese (social circle is the other substitute).

A sour taste from Sampa continues to linger in my mouth as I wilted in arguably the country's biggest stage. Even with more notches to come once living in Brazil & increased social circles/gaming opportunities...I feel that my mission in the country will never be complete without that Paulistana flag on their "home turf." The ultimate litmus test for any player with "sincere interest" in Brazil would definitely be Sao Paulo.

Great thanks to Shotgun, Ringo, Captain Peligroso, Oi Cartola, and Safadinho for the help.

Messages In This Thread