rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ringo's São Paulo Datasheet

Ringo's São Paulo Datasheet

Olá, amigos!

This datasheet contains some of my favorites spots in São Paulo, a city I love and where I've been living since I was born. Having fun and meeting good girls in São Paulo is not hard. But being the city as enormous as it is, knowing where to go is really important.

In this post, I tried to cover places for both day and night, plus some good places to eat. In the majority, the places I recommend are cheap or at least not very expensive for the paulistano standards, except maybe for the restaurants. It's a long post, be ready.

In these spots you'll see all kinds of girls. However, the main type is the young (< 25 yo), college student, rocker/indie/hipster/alternative girl. They are, in average, slim, 1,66m and dark haired. I'd estimate that 90% of people in this scene can speak english. Although most girls are open to talking to gringos, knowing some portuguese is pretty important, as some of them are self-conscious about speak english in front of people.

Tips:
>>> Smoking: almost everyone in this scene smokes. If they don't, they'll tolerate it. Plus, smoker's areas in these places are usually a great place to meet DTF girls. Bring extra cigs and and a lighter and game on!

>>> People are usually dressed in jeans, shoes/boots, shirts/tshirts. Some have leather jackets. It'll be hard to spot people in suits/work clothes.

>>> Many of these places have gay customers. I'd avoid visiting this scene if you have strong hatred towards/hate been approached by gays.

>>> Pretty much all the clubs have bars or botecos nearby. Clubs open at 12. Get to the place and 10, warm up until 12 or 1am and then go inside!

>>> Remember to access the websites and put your name on the list. This allows you to save money and sometimes it's the only way to go inside!

>>> I'd say 85% of the people in this scene are open to smoke weed or hash. If you have some, use it! It's also a great way to get girls to your place.

>>> I'd advise against going in caveman in most of these places. Be cool, but be aggressive. Try not to take too long, though, as competition can be pretty fierce.

I hope you'll enjoy my guide as much as I appreciate all of your tips. Here it is:

day
Livraria Cultura
Huge bookstore on Avenida Paulista. The place has many floors and there's always a lot of people inside. Plus, there's always new ones coming in. On top of that, there's a café inside where you can read books, talk to girls, read books and talk to girls.

Staircase by Reserva Cultural/Cásper Líbero
Cásper is a college also located in Av. Paulista. There's a wide variety of girls who attend there, but it is a private school focused on social communication. Many of the girls who study there pretty much rely on looking good to make a living.
The staircase is a good spot because, adding up to Cásper, you have all the people walking around the Avenida, you have the bus stop right in front of you, frequented by a ton of girls, and there's the Reserva Cultural, a cult/art cinema. Oh, and there's also a cursinho (prep school for college admission), Objetivo, on the same building.

Urbe Café
A small café 20m from Rua Augusta, frequented by a lot of girls. Try to grab a seat on one of the tables outside, grab a coffee, light a cig, have a good time.

Pça Benedito Calixto
On weekends there's a flea market on the square. They sell all kinds of antiques, LPs, books, and a lot of girls come to check the stuff out. You can also sit at a café/bar nearby and let them come to you.

Parque Ibirapuera
New York has Central Park, São Paulo has the Ibirapuera. There's always a lot of people here. Weekends attract more families, but you also get more young people doing picnics and girls playing sports.

Parque Villa-Lobos
Smaller than Ibirapuera, and frequented by richer people.

Parque do Povo
Smaller than Villa-Lobos, but a good relaxed vibe.

Galeria dos Pães
This is a huge bakery close to the Paulista Avenue and the expensive side of Augusta Street. There's always girls coming in and out, either from work, gym or clubs. Grab a bite at 11pm and see what they're going to do later. Or come at 4am and get digits for the next time! Warning: girls here are usually the posh type.

Bella Paulista
Similar to Galeria dos Pães, this is also a big bakery. This one's located on the other side of the Augusta, so it is mostly frequented by the alternative crowd at night. You'll still find every group here, though.

Kinoplex Itaim
Located in R. Joaquim Floriano, this place is inside an open mall with restaurants. The street also has a lot of bar and restaurants. Go on a saturday afternoon to talk to girls. Or try the weekdays on lunch hour and focus on the street, as there are many, many offices in the region and everyone goes out for lunch.

restaurants
Piola
Awesome pizza place in Al. Lorena, close to Paulista. Sit at the bar, order some starters and a drink. Mostly young, alternative rich girls.

Ritz
There are 3 units: one in Iguatemi Mall (good), one in Itaim (good) and one in Al. Franca (traditional gay spot). Order a Ritz Burger and a Raspberry Merengue for dessert. Frequented by rich girls.

Nou
Great restaurant, great food. Price is about the same as Ritz, but their food is much better! Very cool girls walking around, mostly college students with some family money.

Lorena 1989
Good food, more expensive than the other ones. Girls here are quite beautiful and dressed up. Dress stylish!

Frevo
Very relaxed and cheap burger joint. There's two units, one if each side of Paulista. I'd stick to the one on R. Oscar Freire.

night
Beco 203
Good spot for rock parties. Their most popular party is Glow in the Dark, when they everyone dresses in white and they give markers that glowing in the dark and everyone writes on each other. Cover is about R$20

Studio SP
A good live spot music. They usually play rock, but I've seen samba-rock and dancing nights there. Cover is about R$20.

Jazz nos Fundos
One of my favorites spots in São Paulo. Don't expect to meet many girls here. It's a small, quiet bar pretty much hidden and still a bit secretive. Come if you want to enjoy great live jazz, bring a girl you want to impress, or both. Cover is about R$10, sometimes you get a drink, too. Check their website to see what's the limit time you can get in for free.

Teta (no website) - R. Cardeal Arcoverde, 1265
Very much like Jazz nos Fundos. You can game girls while you smoke a cig outside, but although in the lower part you can talk a bit louder, on the upper part you're too close to the band and you're supposed to be quiet. Their doorman is awesome. Cover is about R$5-10.

Alberta #3
Another rock venue. Their ceiling is really low and sometimes it can get really crowded. Floor and 1st floor are always open and work as a bar. They have a dancefloor on the basement where you can get some decent results. Frequented mostly by rockers. Don't go if you hate tattoos. Cover is usually R$25.

Glória
This is a gay club. Many girls come to dance and there's a good chance gays will hit on you. Be cool, make friends, tell them you prefer girls, be polite. There's a good chance they'll wing for you!

D-Edge
Great club! There's usually 2 dancefloors open. Sometimes they have live music on the one of the bottom floor. If you hate smoking, don't come here: the best part is the amazing terrace where everyone chain-smokes. Be careful with marijuana and hash here.

Voodoohop
My favorite party. Voodoohop started as a travelling party, but they now have a regular spot in the center of the city. The parties happen in a whole floor of an old building. Each room has a different lighting and there's a few dancefloors. They play all kinds of music. Be ready to see some crazy shit if you go! Rocker girls, alternative girls, fashion girls, models, you get everything. Cover's R$10-30. Also, they sometimes make weekend-long parties just outside São Paulo. Check the website!

Neu
A place that I've only been to a few times, but that is already one of my favorites. The venue is an old family house. The old living room is now a dancefloor, and the backyard serves as good spot to start conversations. If you bring a joint, you'll make friends in the terrace. College girls from 18-24 are the majority. Cover's like R$20. Don't go if it's raining!

College parties (ESPM, FAAP, PUC, Mackenzie, USP, Cásper Líbero)
There are so many it's hard to say where to go.
USP has a famous happy hour on thursday's at ECA (Social communication and Arts School). There's also one on FAU (Arquitecture and Urbanism) on fridays. Cheap drinks, girls who like gringos, easy, relaxed atmosphere. Also no-go if raining.
Pretty much everyday people drink in the bars near ESPM, FAAP, PUC and Mackenzie.
For Cásper, go to the Escadão or to the bars in Augusta or Brigadeiro Faria Lima.
Also, Oba-Oba has a good list of the main college parties this year. Website's in portuguese, though.

Don't forget to hit me up if you're in town. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread