rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guide to International Traveling while Getting Swole

Guide to International Traveling while Getting Swole

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:38 PM)Hades Wrote:  

It's kind of weird to see my old shit pop up like this. Also agreed Hannibal, criticism with the squat series is justified.
My longer term recommendation for CC is to divide the workout so you are doing exactly one press or pull per day, like this. I was doing some crazy shit like supersetting all six exercises in a forty five minute workout which can cause death.

Quote:Quote:

Veterano Routine
Monday : Handstand Series
- Finish with just practicing five to ten sets of static handstands against a wall. You have to teach your
shoulders how to accomodate to this, like learning how to walk.
Tuesday : Leg Raise Series
- You can throw the ab wheel here too. There's some carryover.
Wednesday : Pullups/Chinups
- Work grip hangs as well
Thursday : Squats
- Do your money set(s) of pistols, then lots of narrow bodyweight squats
Friday : Back Bridges
- At the end, do a bridge hold and "back bridge pushups"
Saturday : Pushups
- Work fingertip pushups as well
Sunday : Rest

And adopt one pet lift to do two or three times weekly on top of this. You would keep this routine until your pet lift had progressed to level 10 (or whatever you were comfortable with). This is the lift you are most concerned with making gains with, which is why you're upping the volume.

Mine was the pistol squat until I worked up to something like two sets of eight or ten reps depending on the day. Then it was the pushup. Just keep switching them out until you get very good at all of them.

Another thing is that even if gains are going pretty well they will stall out hard and you'll have to cycle in some higher rep easier work, like horizontal pulls, or else you will never get enough training volume in to stimulate growth. Or you need to buy a weight vest and use that for bridges and weighted pushups.

That is why it is a good idea to do strictly one exercise per day, you can do like two to four sets of the harder exercise and ten back off sets of the earlier progressions to up the volume. You can also give max effort to just one exercise per day.

Messages In This Thread