rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thedude cooks a steak

Thedude cooks a steak

Bumping this thread, and sharing my experiences cooking about ten steaks in the past month.

(1) Rib eye is my absolute favorite for this treatment. If you're lucky, you can find a good rib eye for $5.99 a pound in those obscure supermarkets that cater to poorer people. (You know which ones I'm talking about.)

(2) Red wine makes a wonderful deglaze, but I've also tried sake (too sweet) and mirin (which caramelizes into a thick toffee-like substance). Meat candy tastes okay, but it's not pleasant to chew on.

(3) During the butter-melting phase, you can throw a few sprigs of rosemary directly into the foaming butter. Tastes wonderful.

(4) A two-inch thick shell steak is also wonderful. You just have to cook it about two-minutes longer. You'll get a perfectly-seared, highly flavorful outside crust. And about an inch-thick of bloody rare/medium rare. Highly recommended, and I only paid $5.99 a pound for mine at the same supermarket.

(5) You *must* ensure that the steak is at room temperature before cooking. If you don't, it won't cook correctly.

Thanks, Veloce. [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread