rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Real Talk Sessions: One Man's Thoughts On "Monk Mode"

Real Talk Sessions: One Man's Thoughts On "Monk Mode"

I have been doing a bit of 'Monk Mode' for the last 6 months.

I kinda understand now who monks and other ascetics would do it. It is very liberating, keeps your mind free for all kinds of other stuff. I've gotten a lot of work done, but at the same time I do miss female company.

Setup:
Spartan diet, no salt (for a variety of reasons), no drinking (cost), working lots at home (no need for other expenses) no shopping. Working out here and there.

Why I did it:
After coming back from Asia I had to focus on making money again for the biz. Its been hard dealing with the growing pains of a business, handling long days and trying to raise funds, etc etc. I just think its a much better ROI to focus on those things for now than trying to mack on chicks. Simple as that.

Dates, outings:
I've gone the online route to seek company, now and then something catches, but nothing really sticks. But by in large, Im way more focused on amusing myself than whatever is her deal. And that seems enough for now, for the time being seems the right thing to do... plus I am not making all that much cash for dates anyway (and I mean buying my own drinks, fuck buying dinner).

Mental:
Overall I don't care about man and its universe and I don't care that I don't care about pursuing chicks. It's a wonderful liberating experience, the bliss of indifference. It helps that Toronto is full of fat chicks too LOL.

Effects:
More concentration, more creativity. Fatties becoming more and more non-human entities. I am bulletproof and more confident -- the opinions of people and coworkers are absolutely irrelevant.
A lot of work done for sure. I had forgotten how much time taming hamsters can take.
Maybe I am getting old, but the idea of a companion for life is really starting to click... heresy around here, but such is thirst. Doesnt sound as horrible as once I thought. Naturally she will be a fly J-girl, nothing else will do.

Downsize:
I miss the little things besides sex with a lizard. Its weird, next one that lands on my plate is gonna get destroyed and my roommate will complain, but I also miss waking up with them and saying good morning. Maybe there is some humanity left.

tl;dr : Monk mode is useful, can be good for you like sobriety.

Messages In This Thread