rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Review: Greek God Workout by Kinobody

Review: Greek God Workout by Kinobody

After a few questions from some of the members in another thread, I thought I would share my experiences from using the Greek God workout for the last 3 months.

I've bought/used a bunch of workout programs before (Body of A Spartan, Visual Impact, RippedBody.jp) and I've seen the results from others, but I was typically too lazy to follow through on the long workouts and complicated dietary restrictions.

I think to really get a workout program you need to believe in the program creator's physique and lifestyle. I started following Greg's free diet and workout on Kinobody.com and his podcast Road to Ripped which I enjoyed for a long time before I ever bought any of his programs.

I identified with him because he was a white guy in his early 20s who didn't want to spend 5 days a week in the gym eating 6 meals a day. He seemed like a guy who had been working out since his teens and only just started to put together some good workouts of his own.

I bought the Greek God program, struggling for answers on how to lift and take care of my nutrition. Thought it might be a dud but was willing to take a risk. I liked the idea of the "Greek adonis" physique, building dense strong muscle but also being flexible and agile. I didn't really want that typical "bodybuilder" look.

Program Style: A/B workout, lifting heavy 3 days a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. An hour of light-medium cardio recommended every day to help with the diet.

Exercises Included: Incline bench, standing press, lat raises, skull crushers. Weighted chins, hang cleans/sumo deads, bent over flyes, straight barbell curls.

- There are various specialization routines included in the book but I won't go into those.

Diet Styles :
He tends to follow a little bit of the If It Fits Your Macros, but stays clean eating most of the time with ground beef, potatoes etc.

Lean Bulk - Rest Days (4x) are 100+ over maintenance, Lifting Days (3x) are 500+ over maintenance
Recomp - Rest days are -300 under maintenace, lifting days are +400 over maintenance

I've been on it for a few months and have enjoyed the results so far. Workouts are easy to stick to, diet numbers are easy to follow. I've actually started to enjoy going to the gym. I've attached a picture to show my results, I have to admit that I haven't been all in on the diet (occasional drinking with friends, frozen yoghurt)

Take a look at Greg's instagram page if you want to see some of the shit he eats: https://instagram.com/gregogallagher/

That's all I can think of for now, ask questions if you're curious about anything.

[Image: attachment.jpg25597]   

Messages In This Thread