rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

building muscle w creatine vs whey.

building muscle w creatine vs whey.

Quote: (09-24-2011 10:49 PM)travolta Wrote:  

when you take creatine you will add on a lot of water weight. When you stop taking it, you will lose most of the weight. Btw, creatine IS natural (research the phosphagen-creatine energy system).

Whey protein is protein that is quickly absorbed.. this is why it is recommended for post workouts. You have broken down your muscle fibers from putting stress on your muscles (lifting weights), so the quickly absorbed whey protein will help rebuild the muscles. This should help clarify the "45 minute window" theory of lifting weights.

Personally, I eat whey protein because it adds variety to my diet. I am not into supplements at all, and have made gains without taking ANYTHING, but I actually enjoy the taste of a protein shake, and I can't eat chicken 24/7

This is accurate, though whey isn't even completely necessary if you're getting enough protein through food. Though, I don't personally use creatine for financial reasons, do you're research and you'll see that its perfectly safe, natural, and effective.

Messages In This Thread