rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sao Paulo, Brazil Tips

Sao Paulo, Brazil Tips

Quote: (11-14-2009 07:11 PM)Branco Wrote:  

I know Sao Paulo fairly well for being foreign and that's why I want to comment on this email.

1. If you are going to SP, try to stay in hotels in Paulista Avenue surrondings because it is close to everything you need: night clubs, great restaurants, malls... And our old downtown for tourist who want to make an extra effort and see it all. Big Grin

If you want to spend big amounts of reais then this is your choice. The hotels close to Paulista are expensive except for the hotel Formula 1. If you are staying in Sao Paulo, a hostel or another, cheaper option is better and when you are about to close you can then take her to a couple hour hotel.

2. Avoid to take cabs in the street. They are the worst ever. Take the one from hotel, or if u are outside, take directions to catch up a subway or call for one.

I would say avoid taking taxis as much as you can. They are the most expensive taxis in South America (maybe Santiago is more expensive?!) and the distances are big so considering the use of metro or bus is recommended. The Metro and the buses stop going at midnight.

"I was in Sao Paolo only for maybe two nights and got lucky because these crazy britons at my hostel knew the craziest club there. I present you Love Story, http://www.lonelyplanet.com/brazil/sao-p...ife/415454"

Love story is an interesting night-club, because it is an after club which is open everyday. It is located on Rua Augusta where a lot of whores work and the ones that are doped or those who didn't go home go to love story to party. The idea with this club is that the women don't pay entrance but men do. The cover charge can be pretty high, from 50 to 100 Reais (25-50usd), but it is worth it because of the girls. So there it is possible to score prostitutes without paying if she likes you. You should have someone who speaks Portuguese in the crew in order to avoid problems. This club has everything from rich locals, models, whores, normal girls and foreigners but not as many Brazilian guys because of the entrance.

I was in SP for one night and the cab driver took us to Love Story after the regular clubs closed. The women struck me as obvious prostitutes, not attractive (just my opinion), the patrons mostly tourists. Know this before dropping cash here (high cover, costly drinks).

Messages In This Thread