rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The aftermath of twitter outrage mobs (from NY Times)

The aftermath of twitter outrage mobs (from NY Times)

I thought this was a really interesting article, and - considering the medium and the small amount of space devoted to it - I was actually fairly happy with how they treated the Adria Richards story. They give the guy who got fired his full say, didn't publish his name, made it clear he was just quietly joking around with his buddy, and let everyone know that Richards basically bullied him out of his job.

Granted, maybe my biases are coloring my perception of the tone, but for shits and giggles I just checked Richards twitter account and she's incredibly pissed, so you know it can't be too bad.

Quote: (02-14-2015 10:54 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Conclusion: mobs are only bad when they target feminists.

They definitely focused on women, but the conclusion I got was more: mobs are bad when they shame politically incorrect speech.

As somebody who is extremely un-PC and so has to censor himself constantly in the office, I'm completely onboard with this article. I wish I was in the position of Roosh or some of the other guys and could say whatever the hell I wanted, but one overheard office joke could earn me my walking papers in the climate we live in.

Messages In This Thread