rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Game-plan for newly divorced men

Game-plan for newly divorced men

Quote: (02-09-2015 03:12 AM)Swordfish Wrote:  

3 months since the end of my decade long marriage, and it has been GREAT!
Main thing is that I am much happier now and walking around with a grin.

There was a brief depression period of a couple of weeks, but this forum was helpful in getting me back on my feet.
1. Don't block depression. Go through it, but make it deep and quick. For me, it lasted about 2 weeks.

Great post OP. #1, so true.

I was married 6 years, broke up at 28 years old, found The Game within weeks of splitting up. It took me exactly 7 months to get over the emotions after splitting up, and that was after over 3 years of counseling (probably typical), so if you're over it in 3 months I'm surprised, especially with kids (I don't have any).

For me there waves of ups and downs, I would say stages of growth from grief (I had more grief than depression) followed by fun and feeling great, then falling asleep on my back porch drunk again grieving my old married life.

Even at low points, I never wished I could go back, I never regretted being single again, just grieved the loss of my previous life. And then, 7 months after breaking up, it stopped. No more grief, no more tears.

I only post because I would have weeks of "This is GREAT, I'm so confident, I'm so over my marriage"...that was fake, only to come crashing down to reality.

That may not be you, but it was me. But you're 'doing better' than I did, you're moving faster. While I had The Game and Pickup Podcast, I hadn't discovered RVF or a group of guys. I also wasn't as successful as you as quickly.

Anywho, good to hear your story though. There's a lot of wisdom that comes from going through this shit. There's something about divorce that people who've never been through wouldn't understand.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread