rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quebec City

Quebec City

Hi,

Weather now is very cold even for Qc city, coldest period of the winter.

As I mentioned in another Quebec thread, going to Quebec in February and expecting action on Wednesday and Thursday night is audacious, it would be similar like hitting Bregen Norway or perharps Frankfurt Germany on those weekdays, no big parties.

Hell, I've seen no parties in city like Moscow or Paris on those days many times , those who want to contradict me I'm ready for a fight...

QC CITY is a Friday Saturday city period, but when the party gets on does it party.

Go to Boudoir tonight Friday and Commission des Liqueurs in Ste-Foy (bus number 7 that stays on Chemin Ste Foy) tomorrow.

Arrive at 11h15 at Boudoir and at midnight at Commission, be prepared for 20 min line at both places, bring glove and tuque if possible for the wait.

I can answer questions if you want, good luck!

**************I just read you are now in MTL, go to Saint-Edouard tonight and Rouge club tomorrow, you can't go wrong Saint Edouard arrive at 10h30, Rouge 11h to get in...

Quote: (02-06-2015 04:24 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

Well, I'm sitting here in an apartment in Montréal scheming about the rest of the weekend, but I felt it was important to report my experiences in Québec once I got a proper connection.

I also want to give a shout out to Jura, who saved me quite a bit of transportation expense.

Day 1-Wednesday

I get into Québec during the evening, and get to my apartment after a short period of being lost. The downtown area and old city are both decorated for the annual winter carnival and it just adds to the beauty that already exists in the place. In any case, fast-forward to a few hours later and I head to Ninkasi at about 9:30. Some of kind of movie or something is going on there, so I don't even bother going in.

I take the 10-minute walk to Grande-Allée and enter Les Voûtes first. The place is almost empty with the exception of some guys who are there from the US on business. They're pretty well-traveled across Asia apparently and mention some stuff that a good contingent of posters here have probably experienced firsthand. After talking with them for a while, a group of 20-somethings enter the bar, and sit in front of the performance area. It's about 6 girls and 2 guys, which is too large to begin with but I approach them anyway. One of the girls is open, but it's difficult to build rapport because of the language barrier, even though she does speak some English; and quite frankly, she wasn't very interested in me. At about 11, seeing that it isn't going anywhere, I just leave and head over to Dagobert.

Dagobert is dead, but they force me to pay for a coat check before I enter the actual club. The club itself is great, but there's nobody except for staff and maybe 5 people. I bounce out of there and walk back toward the old town with the intention of calling it a night. However, I notice some girls smoking outside of the bar (I forget the name) right above Les Voûtes. They say I should go inside since L'Oreal is hosting a party there. I do, and the ratio is very, very favorable (75-25). Unfortunately, most of them aren't very great looking or are on the older side. I approach about 4 sets, but they all blow me off very rapidly. After that, I finally do call it a night. The city is so dead that you could hear a pin drop.

Day 2-Thursday

I wake up and head out to experience the day in Québec. I hadn't paid much attention to the tourists when I got in the previous night, but I do pick up on it here. The majority of visitors are families, children, and older people who are in town for the carnival festivities. People in their 20's are a rare sight and everybody seems preoccupied with getting to some place or the other. The nasty weather present also didn't help with that endeavor.

Like ladder did on his trip, I head to Ninkasi in the late afternoon for some leads. The bartender tells me that Québec is generally pretty dead but starts of pick up on Thursdays. No one else is there except for two other dudes, but fast forward to the nighttime and the place is crowded. It's not really my kind of scene (rocker, etc.) and there is karaoke going on as well. The setup is quite bad with all the tables just strewn about and opening anyone attractive just isn't happening. I get out of there after about an hour.

It's 11:30 at night now, and so I head over to Dagobert again. Unlike last night, it's not empty, but it's nowhere near being crowded. I order a drink from one of the bartenders and when he hears me speak French to him, he switches to English and compliments me on how well I speak the language. It turns out he's originally from north Africa and we talk about how French is spoken so "differently" in Québec (not a positive discussion). He even offers me to take 2 rounds of shots with him. Great guy.

The atmosphere is quite clubby, and with a suit jacket on, I'm definitely overdressed compared to the people there. It didn't stop me from approaching but I got rather quickly blown off by 6-8 sets of girls that were there. Some of these were dance approaches while others where near the bar. I bounce out of there close to 1 AM.

The final place that I go to is Maurice, which I had not even thought about on Wednesday. It's a significantly older crowd, but there are more people than there were at Dagobert. It's almost all dance floor so I just move to the music and notice I'm getting attention from a few of the women there. The most notable of the women was in her late 30's and she was shocked when I told her my real age (low 20's). She could speak English but she wasn't comfortable doing it, and my ability to hear French at a quick speed isn't the greatest. Nothing really developed from that, and I headed out at the 3 AM closing. Hail Mary game wasn't an option since no one was around. Typical of Québec in the night it seems.

More to come later.

Messages In This Thread