rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do if you were 18 years old now

What would you do if you were 18 years old now

9-5 is a lot of work? I sometimes hear people complaining on my Facebook about not wanting to go into work, 8 hours is so long... Try 12-16 hrs every day for weeks on end, working outside in -40. That is the oil sands though and not your business.

The difference I have though is not a second goes by while I'm working on personal ventures that I see it as work. In my path to starting a business I've put in more than 80+ hr weeks. It never felt like work to me though. In the last few weeks alone I've learned lots of lessons:

- Never go the cheap route when hiring, pay for quality and vet your workers carefully because you can lose a lot of money with slack labour.
- patience (things don't happen over night)
- writing skills (blogging, full written content for text on website, how-to guides)
- photo shop and design skills (never knew how to use a single button in PS until a few weeks ago.. Don't consider myself very visually creative but I'm making nice icons and custom content)
- Confidence and sales

The difference between working for someone and working for yourself is the former is work, the latter is more of a learning experience. Sure, there have been days where I was so frustrated and overwhelmed I sat with my face in my hands for a little while... But I've also experienced the most excitement and happiness in my life.

Starting a business isn't just starting a business. Its learning, creating something of value and taking a calculated risk. Kinda like gambling and you want to be rainman.

Messages In This Thread