rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

All-women's college cancels 'Vagina Monologues' because it's not feminist enough

All-women's college cancels 'Vagina Monologues' because it's not feminist enough

"Replacing the play will be Mount Holyoke’s own version that will be trans-inclusive and fix the “problems” supposedly perpetuated by Ensler. Murphy also claims that there are problems with race, class, and “other identities” within the play."

It should go without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that any work of art written and focused solely to toe a political line is not a work of art at all but propaganda.

They might think they're putting on a play, but they shouldn't be in the "arts" section. This should be listed under "lectures" instead.

I saw this coming when I used to review theater. It started when directors would stage post-production discussions to "explain" elements of "troublesome" plays. I once asked "If you need to talk about it doesn't that mean the work of art itself is substandard?" Can't remember what answer I got but my question didn't make it to print.

This is only the beginning, too. SJWs have attacked "Gone Girl" because it paints women in a negative light, leading a lot of writers to question whether liberalism is starting to kill freedom of expression in the arts. If I decide to write again (and if anyone will publish me again) I'm going to extrapolate on that with a wicked parody. We'll see.

Messages In This Thread