rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The rebellion in the church is beginning.

The rebellion in the church is beginning.

Quote: (01-07-2015 10:33 PM)Feisbook Control Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2015 07:21 PM)The Reactionary Tree Wrote:  

Personally, I would love to see the Catholic Church take a rightward turn towards more traditional values. It is one of the last traditional institutions in the West and quite easily the most influential institution in the history of Western Civilization post-Rome.

I'm getting really sick and tired of people criticizing the church saying that it needs to get with the times. If you are a faggot or a feminazi, then the Catholic Church is not for you. They should not change for you. They are not going to advocate for baby killing, sodomy, transgenderism, or same-sex marriage. Nor should they. If you want to be part of the Catholic faith, then you should change for it.

If the Catholic Church were to take a seriously rightward turn, then I would give serious consideration to conversion. Orthodoxy is sort of there right now. The part that I just really have trouble holding my nose over is a lot of the metaphysical stuff. I also can't buy into the kissing of icons and so on. The trouble is though, that as absurd as the metaphysics and rituals seem, I also understand that they're part of the package. Without them, you end up with modern, wishy-washy religion, which is to say, liberal secular humanism, which is to say, nihilism. Certainly the Catholics I have met here have been.

Of course, there's also the problem of being able to find the right community/congregation, living as I do in a small town in rural Taiwan. There probably aren't any Orthodox churches near me, and I suspect that the Catholic churches are pretty wishy-washy.

Or you can find the confessional Reformed Church:

http://www.naparc.org/member-churches/

Still the most traditional Protestant Churches out there.

Messages In This Thread