rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bali, Indonesia - Trip report/Mini-data sheet

Bali, Indonesia - Trip report/Mini-data sheet

Quote: (01-03-2015 07:13 PM)Seadog Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2015 04:49 PM)Katdogbirdduck Wrote:  

It's weird that Indonesia is brought to the forum, aren't Indonesian girls quite conservative compared to for instance Philippine or Chinese girls?

Having lived there for 2.5 years all over the country, I would say there are a lot of similarities to the US. It's a huge country, but poor, so you get many backwater places where people aren't educated, superstitious, highly religious, and very closed communities. These places generally wont have bars or even alcohol available, and even if a woman is attracted to you, she wont let things progress because of what she thinks others will think. Think small towns/cities in the southern US if a Muslim came there for work.

In bigger centres with better educated people and a higher standard of living (Jakarta, Bali) religion plays a much smaller role. You still have your religious folks who go to prayer 5 x a day, but it's overshadowed by a huge expat community, and locals who have penetrated in for a mutual win-win. You have the money, they know the lay of the land. Many people in these places, while Muslim, are more like how the average maybe not American, but Canadian/Brit is Christian. Doesn't go to the mosque, drinks on occasion, is a Muslim in title, but doesn't necessarily buy into it fully. I brought home one girl in Surabaya once who had a foreign bf, we went to the bar, brought her back, slept with her, and we're still decent friends talking occasionally. She explained to me months later that she wouldn't get married to a foreigner unless they converted to Islam, because it's very important to her and her family. (while booze, smoking, cheating, and premarital sex were fine). Muslim Hamster.

Man. that's exactly what I dislike, religious hypocrisy of people like them. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Messages In This Thread