rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Things You Accomplished in 2014

Things You Accomplished in 2014

In 2014, I decided to hit the eject button a job I loved in some ways but realized my expiration date there was up there. True to form, I quit with another job.

Thanks to all the great info from members on the Travel forum put together a 3 month world tour from Mexico through Asia, captured flags, saw the world and had a great time.

Then I came back to the US, did some contract work and eventually landed a new job paying more with more growth potential.

This year I also learned a lot about personal finance, passive investment and wealth management by figuring out who to read article and book-wise and reading the Bogleheads forum. Helped my parents a bit with their retirement planning and started sorting out what possibilities I can have moving forward with various incomes and savings.

Goals for 2015 include:
- Continue advancing my career and stacking cheddar
- Getting back in shape. I had an injury this year and let it be an excuse fall to a relative low in terms of fitness
- Put some routine around my Spanish language practice, it's fallen off and I need some structure to stick with it
- Up my game in California more. It might be the easiest place to come up empty night after night but I've had better streaks and it looks like I have another few years here

This was the year that I really started to come to terms, after my travels, that I'll probably want to get out of the US at some point. Right now I want to earn, stack and enjoy the urban life but I need an exit plan too.

Messages In This Thread