rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Depressing having dinner at married friends home...

Depressing having dinner at married friends home...

Quote: (12-27-2014 06:01 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Women have not changed, nor has the institution of marriage. I recommend every read H.L. Mencken's book, "On Women."

Divorce laws have changed, however. So the sword of ruin hangs above every man, and the tilt of society leans towards women.

Every time I go over to some married people's house they ask or encourage me to get married. It's like a virus, and they want to infect me. Well I have already had that experience, and you want me to do it again so I can join your cult? No. Fuck no.

Men have become weak. Or maybe they have always been weak? Something about even living with a woman that weakens a man. But a woman can only do what a man lets her. Men are elephants chained by the wisps of words from women. I think this has always been the case, it is their natural talent.

I know of a few marriages that are proper (my parents are one, and a former boss is another). But the vast majority are woman above man.

H.L. Mencken's book was called "In Defense of Women." Are you sure you didn't mean Arthur Schopenhauer's essay "On Women?" That the one where he compares them to children and the one Heartiste and various manosphere people quote all the time.

Here is a link to the whole essay. This is the kind of essay that would have been taught in college in the '60s, but would come with a trigger warning or be banned completely now.

Some priceless quotes:

"With girls, Nature has had in view what is called in a dramatic sense a “striking effect,” for she endows them for a few years with a richness of beauty and a, fulness of charm at the expense of the rest of their lives..."

"The nobler and more perfect a thing is, the later and slower is it in reaching maturity. Man reaches the maturity of his reasoning and mental faculties scarcely before he is eight-and-twenty; woman when she is eighteen; but hers is reason of very narrow limitations."

"It is because women’s reasoning powers are weaker that they show more sympathy for the unfortunate than men, and consequently take a kindlier interest in them. On the other hand, women are inferior to men in matters of justice, honesty, and conscientiousness. Again, because their reasoning faculty is weak, things clearly visible and real, and belonging to the present, exercise a power over them which is rarely counteracted by abstract thoughts..."

"It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex..."

"Nothing different can be expected of women if it is borne in mind that the most eminent of the whole sex have never accomplished anything in the fine arts that is really great, genuine, and original, or given to the world any kind of work of permanent value."

Help!! I can't stop quoting Schopenhauer. Everyone, just read the essay.

Messages In This Thread