rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

don't waste your life: a cautionary tale

don't waste your life: a cautionary tale

^ Couldn't have summed up what is so irritating about his writing better myself.

To reiterate the above, he's not even pretending to want to try again, when there is no reason he cannot. He probably had similar reasons for not doing the things he wanted when he was younger.

I'm too busy. I don't have money. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. My wife won't let me. My parents didn't give me this or that.

I made some of the same excuses as a youngster, so I'm certainly not immune.

Venom aside, I do hope he pulls it together. But only because I'm sentimental like that. His story is instructive, to be sure, and I'd be happy to give him mad props if he expressed a desire to try to make something of what's left of his life, which could be a quite substantial portion. But as Quintus points out, the entire tone of his post suggests the opposite.

As for now, I get more what-not-to-be out of his present mentality than I do out of his sob story past.

Everyone starts somewhere, though. Let's hope this is the first step towards waking up.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread