rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Other signs of Cultural Collapse you've noticed

Other signs of Cultural Collapse you've noticed

Did a search and couldn't find a relevant thread. Let me know if I overlooked something and I'll repost there.

I'm currently sitting in the park by my office having lunch. As I'm walking to a bench to sit down, I passed a several people that appeared to be an extended family (a man, 2 women and 3 kids). Not sure why I suddenly noticed this today, but I was rather startled by the amount of profanity one of the females was using. A couple f-bombs, a "bitch", and a "goddamn" in about 20 seconds. All with the kids right there. Plus the several others trying to enjoy the park at lunch time.

Then it struck me, you never used to hear language like that in public. When did cursing like a sailer in front of children in a public venue become socially acceptable?

The fall of social norms is part of the collapse, is common courtesy one of those norms? Can a society thrive with such rampant crassness?

A bit of a rant, I know. But I'm interested to if any of the rest of you have had similar observations?

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Messages In This Thread