rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where in the world can I get a decent piece of real estate for 15,000 USD?

Where in the world can I get a decent piece of real estate for 15,000 USD?

Is it even possible anywhere? Obviously I'm not talking about a luxury place in a rich neighborhood. I'm talking about a decent place equipped with kitchen, bathroom, bedroom etc and with functioning electricity and running water. It can be small and preferably in a calmer, low-key area.

I happen to have this amount stacked away so I am mulling between keeping on saving or see if I can find something already around this price.

My plan for the next few years is to keep traveling and exploring and then choose a place to settle down more permanently for at least 6 months out of the year (or even more depending on a lot of things). So either I buy something here in Northern Europe, which probably means I have to save up more money since it's expensive unless I'm lucky to find a bargain or brush something up myself. Or I look elsewhere where I might be able to get something cheaper. I was thinking I could maybe rent the place to people on Airbnb or something while I'm away, as an extra income.

I mostly have prior experience of and language skills for Latin America and to a slightly lesser degree Europe so I suppose that's where I would be inclined to start looking. But I also very much have my eyes on Asia, the Middle East and Africa. So any information from anywhere in the world is welcome really.

I'm also curious as to how people on here think about the future when it comes to where and how to live. Do you foresee buying real estate somewhere or is it better to just live indefinitely off of Airbnb? Personally, even though I like traveling around with the intention of exploring, I've started to think it would perhaps be nice to have a base somewhere to come back to rather than to jump around from place to place. This could also help with making money and keeping costs low, at least initially I think. Not to mention with building long-term relationships.

Messages In This Thread