rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Las Vegas, Summer 2014, Macking On A Moderate Budget Data Sheet

Las Vegas, Summer 2014, Macking On A Moderate Budget Data Sheet

Quote: (11-05-2014 12:04 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

It made me wonder if Vegas clubbing is becoming passé for the thrill seeking chicks, who may have since moved on to festivals and such. Don't have enough evidence to say. As I see it, the clubs don't offer anything new, and haven't in a little while. All they offer is more and more of the same thing. The "zeitgeist" has moved on perhaps.

I bet you're right. The thing is, Vegas wasn't always about the clubs, the way we know it to be now. That didn't start until the Palms made clubs a big Vegas thing around fifteen years ago. And then table service came around ten years ago, EDM around five years ago, and you now have the present day Vegas.

It goes to show that nightlife is always changing, which we already know. When I was in college in the early 2000s LA nightlife was the best in the world, but in the last ten years it's been absolute shit. In the last decade it's gone through phases to attempt to resuscitate itself, first the Xenii afterparties and now the plethora of mansion parties, but its all shit. It's been ages since you've seen people hooking up in LA, or god forbid, even enjoying themselves.

Vegas seems to be following a similar path. You used to continually see guys pull chicks out of clubs and now it's just not as common.

But as we know, nightlife has cycles. After LA went down the tubes circa 2003, NYC's meatpacking was golden for several years. But NYC is certainly not what it was five years ago.

It's similar to some of the older posters on this forum who reminisce about you can't imagine what Sweden was like in the 80s or Ukraine in the 90s.

There's still plenty of potential in Vegas though. It's no longer "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" but there aren't many places in the US you'll find fifty 10s in one venue like I recall seeing in Hakkasan a few months back. If you specifically want the tourists, in a few weeks there will be the national Rodeo and Country Christmas. December is a time when NOBODY from Socal goes to Vegas but Country Christmas attracts plenty of people from all the rodeo states.

Messages In This Thread