rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to New York....need help

Going to New York....need help

Quote: (08-12-2008 09:14 AM)finefantastic Wrote:  

hey,

i'd be wary of the pod hotel. my friend stayed there and both she and her boyfriend got bed bugs. they compensated her mildly (50 bucks and some apologies) but i'd try to affirm that they've dealt with this issue since.

Nothing all that new in terms of bed bugs in NYC - or in many of the metros in the US. They exist irrespective of the cleanliness of an establishment. They've been increasing in number since '05 as more tourists overseas come to America [thanks to the cheaper dollar]. If you're worried about bed bugs, just inspect the room before setting up shop - if they're there, you'll know. If they're there, leave! These pests can and will hitch a ride in your suitcase all the way back home with you.

Anyway, as for what to do during the day in NYC? Come on, it's a huge city - pretty much anything. If you're into baseball - and the Yankees are out of it by then - take a tour of Yankee Stadium before they rip it down. There's plenty of galleries in SoHo, restaurants almost anywhere. Village area has some nice, quaint places to eat, listen to some jazz, etc. I usually stay away from Times Square, but if you've never been, it's worth seeing... once [I say the same thing about McSorley's Ale House on 7th - great atmosphere for being such an old Irish pub, but definitely only worth a daytime visit].

The subway system can be tricky - I've taken the wrong train plenty of times. I always just ask someone on the train, "is this the way to so and so" - nine times out of ten, you'll get a friendly response and more info than you need. If it's too daunting, then take a taxi.

Messages In This Thread