rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Puebla, Mexico data sheet

Puebla, Mexico data sheet

I was in Puebla 2 weekends in 2009, just realized there was no data about it so here we go:

Basically, Container City is where you want to be. It's in the part of town called Cholula.

It's an pedestrian area where everyplace is made of big shipping containers, there are bars, restaurants, cafés, hookah, live music etc. Maybe 20 bars in total to hop around, a really chill area and probably the easiest environment to open sets, since the nature of the place has people jumping around ALOT and each place is pretty small so you're essentially in talking distance of anyone, any time. The crowd is mostly University students, so you will stand out, which is good.

[Image: noid-containercitycholula01.jpg]

Also, in the area surrounding container city there are a number of good bars/restaurants. Ask around, it's kinda a high-turnover type of place.

Right next to it is Universidad de Las Americas, which is a very large, prestigious University with a big open campus. They have plays, concerts, and all that stuff, so you can definitely find something to do there on a Sunday afternoon to meet college chicks.

Opposite La U, you'll find the Pyramid of Cholula, the biggest tourist attraction in Puebla, visible from pretty much the whole city and illuminated at night. First it was a pyramid, then the Spanish built a church on top of it, now there are Coca-Cola tarps all over the church. Pretty accurate lesson in sucession of powers. [Image: 2247962595_054542a986.jpg]

The weather in Puebla is chilly, going out in Container City requires a warm jacket. Girls kinda remind me of Bogotá, very classily dressed in boots/peacoats/scarves that kinda thing. They're known as Pieza Poblanas Perfectas, osea, they're known to be pretty fucking hot. More slim than curvy, pretty white but not too white. Taller than the average Mexican chick if memory serves.

I stayed in the Zócalo (city center) when there, as expected there are lots of restaurants and abrs in that area as well, again a good walk around during the afternoon should give you a lay of the land. When I was there they had a big concert in the Zócalo, another great opportunity for day game. Museums etc. all around there.

Final pick is Clásico, a huge club that I thought was really obnoxious, the kinda place you only go if you have ALOT of money to burn. Big cover charges, bitches dancing on couches in heels (all the couches have gouge marks from heels), bottles served with sparklers in them, swanky crowd, LOUD AS FUCK, real expensive. Not my kinda place at all, but y'know, if you're into that. I don't remember where it is, we went with some friends, but the taxi back was a good ride, so not particularly near the Zócalo. Did not seem that girls there were any hotter than girls out in other parts, just more obnoxious ''WOOOO!'' type club girls. Definitely don't need to go to Mexico for that shit...

Basically ask around for events during the day in both the Zócalo and Cholula, get to know some people, ask where the best bars are, and see how you like both scenes. I have to choose Container City over anything else, but other places are definitely worth a visit.

Messages In This Thread