rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Obesity Explodes To Fresh All-Time Highs

American Obesity Explodes To Fresh All-Time Highs

Quote: (09-07-2014 01:04 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

I see obese people on hoverounds with one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding a giant ice cream cone dipped in chocolate. So fucking fat they can't even walk, yet they are shoving junk food in their mouth that I, a guy weighing 165 lbs, would never touch (though tempted) because I want to be presentable and healthy.

And like someone mentioned, we are paying for this persons gluttony. How can someone like that even work? They are probably on disability. Then they surely have complicated health issues that cost a lot of money that you and I pay for either through our insurance premiums or through medicaid.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

It's important to understand that a lot of people are literally using junk food as a drug. They eat it because they're addicted to the pleasurable feelings they get from consuming it. Junk food is cheap and tastes good, and once you've developed an addiction to it you will crave it. Your palate will adapt to the more intensely flavorful junk foods and will reject non-processed foods as being too bland and tasteless. Your brain will come to expect the dopamine hit and the pleasure you get from eating intensely flavorful junk food. They've done studies on fat people eating junk food and their brains light up when they start eating the same way that crackheads' brains light up when they take a hit from the crack pipe.

I'm not trying to absolve these food addicts of personal responsibility by any means, I'm just trying to clarify why this is a real and persistent problem for so many people. This also illustrates why fat acceptance is such a stupid fucking idea. It would literally be like if we started pushing "alcoholic acceptance" for people who were addicted to drinking, instead of publicly shaming them and trying to help them get treatment.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Messages In This Thread