rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Database Software for Small Business

Database Software for Small Business

If anybody here is very familiar with a good, cheap Small Business Database sfotware, i will really appreciate your input.

I am currently in the middle of scaling up my sidebusiness, inventory processing is increasing and right now, simply using excel as a database managing software is not good enough anymore.

Before i go into what exactly my database needs are, here is the structure of the business:

Obtain used computer/parts -----> cannibalize them into different parts, test their functionality -----> sort and categorizes the functional parts -----> Use these functional parts to build refurbished computers from scratch -----> sell these refurbished computers.

That is the general structure of the business. The business is expanding and i need a cheap, solid small business database software that meet these criteria:
  • Automatic detailed tracking of inventory levels, with alert features.
  • Detailed tracking of cost per item. I also want it to be able to do billing, invoices, and payroll.
  • Detailed tracking of workflow across different employees workstation. To keep track of turnover time for each different tasks, to help me keep my eye on lazy good-for-nothing university student employees.
  • Different degree of access levels for different employees rank.
  • Time sheet capabilities.
  • I want the database to be linked to a scanner, because i need different computer parts to be scanned during the workflow process.
  • I need the database software to be very customizable, where i can add different subcategories/subfields as i see fit.
  • Speaking of which, i need a solid DBMS to run queries on data, to catalogue, capture data and sort them on different criteria that i specify. I need one with a solid CMS, i couldn't care less about CRM. My own inter-personal relationship skills is all the CRM that is needed.
  • I dont need a NoSQL
  • Supports PC and MAC.
  • Preference is for web-enabled database; strong preference is for Desktop based database; the strongest preference is both desktop and web-enabled database software.
  • Does anybody have any experience with filemaker pro or QuickBase or Access 2013 or BrilliantDatabase?

That is the general idea of what i need. I appreciate any help that i can get.

regards,

Nemencine

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

Messages In This Thread