rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meeting people in Canada - The unfriendly male

Meeting people in Canada - The unfriendly male

Quote: (08-18-2014 11:19 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Don't know if this is anecdotical or if there is anything more to it, but I've lived in Boretown for over 17 years and in that time frame, I can't count on one hand the number of Canadian friends. All my friends have been foreigners: Brasilians, Latinos, Russians, Japanese, Pinoys, Chinese, Arabs, Blacks from Africa, Blacks from the Caribbeans, French, Europeans, Indians, Pakis, Lebanese, Moroccans, Algerians, Germans, Tunisians, Egyptians, Balkans etc, but I can't recall having one single white Canadian friend in almost 2 decades of living in Toronto. I just can't recall any!

That's just mind blowing!

Anyone else has experienced the same?

Might be anecdotal, VP. I get what you are saying but I agree with Hank. Some of it depends on where you went to schools and stuff. Most of my closest friends are white Canadians (born in Canada) but I also have 2-3 close Indian/European friends.

rudebwoy touched on it. Toronto is tribal and I would guess so are a lot of "multi-cultural" cities but it depends on how outgoing you are as a person and on your own personality as well. You may not have white Canadian friends but you do seem to have a pretty diverse group of friends. That itself makes you different that most guys in Toronto/GTA.

OT - Given the number of immigrants here they probably find it easy to stick to their own kind but you have to get out of your comfort zone to meet different people. Most guys are simply not willing to do that, they are happy in their own little social circles.

Messages In This Thread