rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

Thank you Global Entry for this thread. It really brought me into awarness of the deals that can be had. Since I've never really travelled much, I didn't know of it's benefits. I'm going to be travelling for the first time solo in a couple weeks for an indefinite amount of time.

Since I already do most of my personal and business banking with Chase and have a CC with them I went with the Chase Ultimate Rewards Program. Here's what I did.

* Got a Chase Sapphire card (Personal) (Spend $3k in 3 months/get 40,000 points)

Was approved on the spot for a good sized limit.

* Got a Chase Ink Business Card (Business) (Spend $5k in 3 months/get 70,000 points)

I did this 2 days after getting the Sapphire and was DENIED! I called them and asked for re-consideration and they APPROVED me by taking some of the limit from my recently aquired Sapphire card and porting it to this Business card.

Note: The 70,000 miles offer is only available by applying at a branch, otherwise it's 50,000. I was also able to get both cards expeditied to the branch within 2 days at no extra cost. This was key because I don't live in a doorman building and I'm travelling in about 2 weeks.

I didn't apply for both cards in the beginning because I was worried about spending $8k in 3 months. I'm quitting my job this month and will be living more conservatively, but then I realized I could pay my city Property Taxes online via CC. That's $4,700! It will cost 3% ($150) to do that plus the $95 annual fee for the CC, but I figure I'm getting $1,540 worth in miles with the business card alone, so it's worth it.

Thanks again Global Entry and everyone else as well. I'm excited to be getting into travel points game

Messages In This Thread