rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

British guys in America

British guys in America

I was just in America a few weeks ago and spent two weeks in NYC. I was with my family, so didnt go out, but I thought the girls were really friendly (this is probably because of accent, style etc.). I was wearing more 'european' style clothing (tighter fitting clothes, a little bit more colour), and was rocking an undercut (which seemed surprisingly rare in NYC). Combined with my accent and mannerisms this probably made me stand out or at least seem non-American.
Here's an example of a conversation I had with a cute girl working in a shoe store whilst my cousin was looking around.

Me: *Points to purple laces* What do you think of these with my shoes? (Im wearing brogues.
Girl: They would look good etc... Are you from England?
Me: Yeah London.
Girl: Oh my god! I thought you were English, thats so cool! Is this your first time visiting the US?
Me: Nah I lived in New Jersey until I was nine.
Girl: Oh my God, I used to live in New Jersey, in Hobboken. Do you know where that is?
Anyway the conversation went on like this (with her putting in most of the effort and showing a lot of interest, and at the end I got her number. (Didnt set anything up as I was staying with my parents and am too young to drink).

Id say that as an English guy visiting the US, take care to stand out and dress stylishly. If you have an English accent but are wearing the common American baggy clothes, theres not much of an advantage. If youre wearing more stylish clothing that fit the Euro image, you conform to the idea shes looking for and girls will be a lot more responsive.

Messages In This Thread